Chapter One

I slam my locker shut in annoyance.

"I'm not going to go out with you Dylan. Okay? Give up already."

My alpha's son, Dylan Harbrook, was constantly nagging me for a date, claiming we were meant for each other. Of course, that just made me reject him more. Anyone who is really my friend, and therefore date-worthy-material, would know that I don't want to find love. I guard my heart fiercely against any kind of romance. If I ever do marry; it will be for conveniance and friendship, not l-o-v-e.

"Awh c'mon Juliette," he begs, almost on his knees.

As I stare at him with annoyance I think about the irony of my name; although I was named after a famous love icon, I hate it and hardly believe in it. Although I guess it makes sense: since Juliet dies. Ha.

"Juliette. Seriously. Its just one date, please, please. Just one date."

I check my nails. Ugh I need to go to the salon. I cracked my shellac on my index finger. I blame Dylan.

"Look at me please!"

Seriously, this guy. When will he give up and go after someone pretty. He is pining after a 5ft tall girl with plain brown hair, blue eyes that dont suit me, I mean her, and no butt.

"Give a guy a chance! I'm trying so hard to make you happy."

Wow, now he is literally on his knees. Maybe I should tell him how pathetic he looks... Nahh.

"Juliette, please just one date. I lo-"

Just as he's about to say the dreaded l-word, the one that would result in me slapping him, my best friend, Kayla, walks up. She ignores Dylan, her twin brother, who is now sobbing on the floor.

"Girl~ you will never believe what just happened! I found him!"

I stare at her blankly, "Who did you find?"

We lost someone? Oops I had no idea.

"My mate, duh!!"

Ohhhh.

"Oh.Thats awesome!" I manage to force the words out and put what I hope is a convincing smile on my face.

"I know you probably won't understand- what with your hatred of all romance. But I'm so happy right now! I just HAD to tell you!" She gushes all this out in one breath and probably would have kept going if it werent for Dylan interrupting us.

"Wait what? Why don't you like romance?"

"Dylan get up you look pathetic," She tells him, ignoring his question and dragging me into the girls bathroom

I turn to the mirror and get out my makeup bag. I take out my mascara and fix up my eyes " So tell me more- who is the lucky guy? Do I know him? How come you only just met him?"

Glossing her lips she replies, "Okay, so he's visiting from another pack. Remember the Alpha and his Beta who were coming here to form a treaty? Well the Beta- Michael... I bumped into him on the way out of the pack house this morning... I slightly ditched English and the inclass essay.. haha.. but it was instant sparks! I'm finshing up this week of school and then going back to his territory with him on Saturday."

"Wow... this is crazy. And wow... are you sure you want to rush into this so fast?" I ask her.

I feel like she's making a huge mistake. She just met this guy and she just going to end up heartbroken. But I know how much she's wanted this, ever since I met her when I had just moved into the pack house when I was 10, she talked of nothing but her future mate. It was annoying and I hated it- I still do, but over the last seven years I have realized this is really what she wants, and I can't talk her out of it. Even though I desperately want to.

"Yes!! Of course I'm sure! I love him so much! He's super funny and the sweetest guy ever. His eyes are soo dreamy, and ugh his body... He has amazing abs!!!"

I laugh at her, " Of course you've already seen him shirtless."

"Heehee.." She blushes like crazy- which is unusual in itself, Kayla never blushes- she seduces. With her tanned skin and model like build (she's 5'8 and has legs to die for), along with her long straight, shockingly red hair, she is beautiful and knows it.

"So he's hot?" I ask teasingly.

"Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!! And he's taller than me, like a lot. I'd say he's like 6'3! But his Alpha is even taller and looks even more muscular!"

"Really? Wow." Our Alpha is puny and short, just like his son. Which is basically why we're making this treaty. The Starlight Pack just declared war on us (the Moonstone Pack), so we had to enlist the help of another, actually stong pack: The Nightwood Pack. Brrr, even the name gives me shivers of fear.

"Hey wanna skip?" I ask her out of the blue. We still have two periods left but whatever. Suddenly I don't feel like going to class.

"Sure! Lets go back to the packhouse and have a Glee marathon?"

"You know me too well."

We sneak out of the auditorium. Last year we found out that the alarm on that door is disabled because the drama students use it frequently as another stage exit.

We climb into our red porsche, our baby that we saved up and bought together.

"So I guess Ruby's all mine now?" I ask slyly.

"What?!?! No way! We share her!!"

"Yeah, but you're moving, so only one of us gets her..."

I look away from the road to see how Kayla reacts and see her brown eyes watery.

"Awh Kay, I was just kidding, we can figure something out, don't worry girl."

"It's not that. We're not going to see each other a lot any more. Probably never again."

"No way, I'll Skype you basically every day until you get sick of me, and becuase of the treaty being made, you can probably come visit and vice versa!"

I take my eyes of the road for a second and grab her hand. "Kay-Kay I'm going to miss you like crazy, but you have to be happy. You found your mate, and I know how much you've wanted that."

Ugh I'm such a good friend.

"Thanks Jules. You're the best!" She smiles at me just as we pull up to the packhouse.

"I know right!" I grin back at her, "Now lets go, first one to the room gets to choose the season!

And with that we're running out of the car. I love the first Glee season, but she likes the fifth one better. Some people.

As I run into the house, quite a way behind my long legged friend, I get a feeling that I've never felt before roll over me and settle in my stomach. Suddenly my wolf takes over, walking me the opposite way from my room and towards Alpha Philips office.

No no no wolfie girl don't go in there. I plead with Star, my wolf, but she ignores me and walks up right to the door just as the door swings open, revealing a man standing there.

"Mate..."

We whisper the word at the same time

A/N
So I started a new story and I hope you like it... please like and comment and all stuff.

Also the girl on the side is what I imagine Juliette to look like. :D

Also also ~ I love that song and I can kind of imagine Jules listening to it.

Thanks guys !!!