5: Asian Tournament Begins

Persephone leaned her head against, the bus window, drowning out the chattering of Tyson, Max, Ray, and Kenny as the team made their way to the site of the Asian Tournament. The team had managed to catch a flight out of Hong Kong early that morning, and settled into their new hotel space, designed for traveling beyblade teams for the tournament space. She stared out the hills, painted with spots of trees and other shrubbery, taking a moment to admire the beautiful scenery around her. It was almost...peaceful. But she knew the day that lied ahead would not be. This was where the teams challenges began, and she was determined to help guide them to victory. 

As the bus slowed to a stop, the she looked up to see different stadiums ascending up one very tall hill. Her jaw dropped a bit, the architectural feat blowing her away. She wasn't the only one impressed.

"Woah..." Tyson breathed, his awed face quickly turning back to his normal cheerful expression, "that's totally wicked!"

"Yeah! China sure is amazing! Too bad we won't have much time for sight-seeing," the Chief chimed in. 

Mr. Dickinson stood up and chimed in, "And here we are ladies and gentlemen! The Asian tournament!" 

His cheerful smile radiated all the way to Kai at the back of the bus. Persephone felt a smile of her own form on her face as her heart pounded with anticipation. She looked around at her teammates, her gaze falling on one frowning Ray. Her brows furrowed.

It must be the White Tiger Team. No doubt what they said is bothering him.

 She felt a pang of sympathy for him, knowing he must be conflicted and hurt. Ray had informed the team last night, much due to Tyson's prying, that he had once been a member of the Chinese beyblading team, but left to pursue greater challenges. That's all he said on the matter. Not revealing many details, but it was enough to make the blue haired blader back off. 

As Mr. Dickinson lead the team out of the bus and towards the tournament building, Persephone  fell back to walk alongside Ray. Ray didn't look at her, his gaze steady and focused on the ground in front of him, dark brows furrowed. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Her soft voice called, bringing Ray out of his frustrated thoughts.

He glanced over at her, scanning her meek expression before offering up a soft exhale and a fanged-half smile. 

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just have a lot on my mind ya know?"

She nodded, "Well if you wanna talk about anything just know I'm here, yeah?" 

She offered up a smile, something she rarely showed others, and Ray nodded in return.

"Thanks, P."

She didn't respond, but continued walking beside him, unaware of a certain flaming crimson gaze watching their interaction. 

As they made their way to the tournament space, DJ Jazzman's voice was booming through the speakers and easily heard outside the arena space, hyping up the crowd, and explaining the process of elimination of the teams. The Bladebreakers had to win against every team they went up against in order to win. 

Persephone toyed with the sleeves of her sweater as she studied the team schedule posted on a board, while Mr. Dickinson and Kai went to check the team in. 

So we're in Block A. The White Tiger team is in block B, so the only way we'd go against them is if we both win our divisions and make it to the finals.

She silently prayed for Ray's sake, that the White Tigers would lose at some point in their division, but judging by the skills she had seen back in the alley, and the roar of the crowd as AJ Topper called their name, that wouldn't be likely.