Chapter 8.5

This was just something stupid I wrote,but what's the harm in putting it in. It's still canon I guess, and is a following from the last chapter but it's not a whole new chapter.

____________________________________

It has been a few days since the AX400 and Rupert’s case, I haven't counted exactly. I've been to busy with reports. Captain Fowler had me on double time, coming in on my free days had really taken its toll on my mental state. But I suppose with all these new cases coming in, someone was going to have to pay for it. Unfortunately, that ‘someone’ was yours truly.

I hadn't seen Connor is the days that had past, not that I'm complaining, it's given me more chance to get on with my work and talk to real people instead of a machine.

My best guess was that he had gone back to Cyberlife, maybe they realised that they made a mistake and took him back. I smiled slightly at the thought.

I let out a groan and bang my head lightly on the desk, I had been staring at the computer screen for nearly half an hour straight.

Just as I was about to let out another groan, I heard something be placed on my desk. Looking up slightly I saw a cup of (Coffee/Tea) with a smiley face post-stick-note on the cup.

“You look like death” I smile at Gavin’s snide comment, despite the fact it being an insult.

“Thanks Gav”

“No problem, Y/N. Where’s tin can?” He gave a wicked grin and I shook my head at him.

“Gone home, probably ran out of batteries” I chuckle at my own joke before taking a sip of my drink. The caffeine in it making me slightly more awake. Gavin sighed, I'm guessing me was looking for someone to mess with. “Fowler is driving me up the wall, I don't know why I have to deal with this crap alone”

“Maybe he just hates you” Gavin laughed at me, earning a fake hurt look from me.

“Thank you Gavin for your help. I need to get on with this, unless you want to help me?” I asked hopefully, trying my best to muster the human equivalent of ‘puppy eyes’. He looked at his turned off phone before looking back to me sadly.

“Ahhh, ooh, sorry but I left my oven in the fridge so yeah, good luck Y/N” His voice got louder as he got further away from my desk until he disappeared to the front of the building.

I just looked at his retreating form, shaking my head in bitter disappointment before reluctantly returning to my work.

Despite it being around midday, it was only me and a few other lower ranking officers in at work. I would been tempted to leave work early and take the rest of the day off had Captain Fowler not been in his office. The sounds of background chatter and typing didn't usually bother me, but having done this a few days in a row now. It was getting annoying.

My attention was drawn away from my work when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to find a text from Gavin.

“Just saw Tin can walk into the office, enjoy”

The dull headache that had resided in the front of my head for the past uncountable days just turned into skull crushing agony. I cannot deal with his persistent talking today.

Deciding that my best approach to this situation is to simply play dead and hope his goes away, I place my arms on my desk and rest my head down. Waiting for the inevitable.

At the sound of footsteps approaching I try and shrink into myself as much as possible without anyone noticing.

“Lieutenant?” The soft voice of the RK800 made it hard to remain still, the overwhelming urge to giggle crept into my chest. “Lieutenant? Are you asleep?” There was a moment of silence before he spoke again. “Y/N…”