°•Chapter 2•°

Present Day

Yumiko sighed as she looked at the bathroom mirror. She stared at it for a while, wondering about the mysteries of life. She then shook her head slightly, realising that she's got a job to do.

She pulled her long, light blue hair into a ponytail, and felt something brush against her leg. Yumiko looked down with a raised eyebrow, and smiled slightly.

Right by her legs, was a white, fluffy cat, looking up at her, meowing for food. Yumiko sighed a little as she walked out of the bathroom, heading to the kitchen. The cat followed her, still meowing for food.

She walked into the kitchen, and opened a cupboard. While she looked for the cat food, she grabbed one of the bowls that was on the floor. Yumiko eventually found the cat food, and started to pour it into the bowl. She then started to zone out, not paying attention to anything.

Eighteen years ago

"Yumiko, are you alright..?" Shota asked as he held out his hand to help Yumiko up.

"U-Uh, yeah..." She stuttered as she grabbed Shota's hand, and stood up. "T-Thanks..."

The two twelve year olds looked at each other, not sure of what to do or say. Shota shuffled his feet as he looked down, feeling a bit awkward.

"Y-You're welcome..."

Present Day

Yumiko snapped back into reality as she heard meowing. She then looked at the bowl she was filling up with cat food, and realised that it had spilled everywhere. She sighed as she started to clean it up, not really in the mood to do anything today.

Yumiko then looked down at her cat, realizing it had fallen asleep. She puffed out her cheeks as she quickly finished cleaning up her mess. She then looked at her watch, and her eyes widen, knowing that she was already late for work.

'Dang it. The day's already starting off horribly...'