Part IV

What does Romero do now? Come readers, let’s see.

Romero never really thought about Russell. He has avoided Russell’s presence everywhere. To him, Russell is quite child, yet to be grown up. Russell is a mere, short boy with brown straight hair and too simple clothes. It is a bit too somber and monotonous; so, he must be boring. He doesn’t even wear a rubber band or a beads string on wrists.

‘What makes me think of that kid so much?’ Romero Costa asked himself. ‘It must be the stupid confession box,’ he came in conclusion.Romero has noticed Russell’s long dreamy gazes. He knows, Russell looks at him a bit too much. Still, he never cared to talk. Until Friday, he was not sure to whom the confessions were concerned; but Russell turned off the chick. So, he must ask for Romero!!

‘Okay then, let’s make it a joy ride,’ Romero smirked musing him.

He donned a white pullover and skinny jeans; he should not look typical bad boy today. As Russell entered the campus, Romero started to flirt with Annabelle. Annabelle is bubbly, chirpy girl with ever smiling face. Annabelle was talking about random thinks while Romero never concerned on her prattles. With the corner of left eye, he gazed Russell all the time. He knew, Russell’s noticed him. Russell must feel bad now. He didn’t need to do it with him. But, he wants his plans to work out.

‘What is life without a dash of drama?’ he thought.

As Russell walked away, he’s suddenly stopped by Enrique. He didn’t like to even talk, at least now. But, Enrique started to talk nonsense holding his hand.

‘Hey Russell, why don’t you answer? What happened?’ Enrique nudged him.

‘Oh, it’s nothing. I had a spat with brother,’ Russell replied.

‘Do you like girls?’ he asked Russell.

Russell stopped walking, ‘What? What do you mean?’

‘I mean, you prefer girls or guys?’

‘I don’t know.’ Russell kept it short and simple.

‘You don’t know whom you prefer?’ En gave a crooked smile, ‘I prefer you.’

 Russell almost stumbled but Enrique’s hands caught him. Relieved Russell smiled dryly.

‘Hey, did you listen, what I just said? I prefer you.’ En beheld his face to watch his reaction. He just noticed sadness in his eyes. Russell seemed quite sad.

‘I’ve developed a crush on you.’ En looked down to pronounce his proposal. Russell’s’ cheeks flashed red; he is proposed by a guy for the first time.

‘But, you’ve never hung out with me,’ he answered, quite surprised.

‘Why? Does it need to chill out together to fall in love?’

Russell though for a while, ‘You must be bi-curious.’

‘No, I prefer guys, I prefer you.’

Enrique bade him a bye before heading to his class, ‘Think a bit about what I said.’

Russell thought, thought and ended up with nothing vital. If Romero prefers Annabelle, there is very little he can do. If he chills out with Enrique, he will be happy. They say, joy never hurts. And he may lose Romero and Enrique both, if he doesn’t accept Enrique’s proposal.