Part V

After much ado about nothing, Russell decided to accept Enrique’s proposal. It’s not the fact, that he wants revenge upon Romero; he just wants to accept that he’s never looked back at Romero. It’s more like proving something to him; he wants to establish that he can live and rock without Romero. If Romero keeps an arm candy, he too can do it very well. If Romero shares skittles with Lucy, he can do it too. If Romero drawls attention for quirky looks and wacky clothes, Russell too can come in centre of attention.

These things are truly weird for oddball Russell. Anyway, he thinks Romero an oddball. In a tranquil gloomy afternoon Enrique came to him after school.

‘What’s it, mate?’ Russell asked.

‘Ohh, I want your answer. Did you think about it?’ Enrique looked down at the grasses to ask this question. Russell smiled at him. This boy prays for his love and he once prayed for someone else’s love. He’s already decided to go for the one who loved him. So, it’s Enrique.

‘Yes, my answer is yes.’ As soon as Russell pronounced the words, Romero Costa appeared for nowhere before them.

‘Hey Russell, I was looking for you.’ He is almost panting. His sudden appearance perplexed Russell. He felt a bit nervous for the closeness with Enrique in front of lost love Romero.

‘Hi.’ Russell nonchalantly welcomed Romero. Romero showed a fake sadness, ‘What a dry welcome!’

‘And what do you expect Romero Costa?’ Russell blurted out.

‘No. I expect so much more,’ Romero sighed, ‘I thought you’ll wait for me. I checked the confession box just now and thought you’re urging me to meet. But, I was so wrong. You’re chilling out with this kid!’

Russell smiled, ‘I thought, you’re not interest. You’re busy chilling out with Annabelle and other guys.’

‘Did that mean I want to turn you down?’ Romero rolled his eyes.

‘I felt so sad when you ignored me,’ Russell almost whimpered.

‘Hey, please don’t cry like this; I never ignored you, you took it that way.’

‘Whoa…Whoa…’ Enrique clapped, ‘You’re stealing my man, Romero.’

Romero chuckled, ‘He was never yours. He’s mine already. He’s told something in confession box.’

Russell loved the way Romero confessed, “He’s mine already.” He loved the protective tone.

‘Let me ask you a question, Mr. Costa,’ Russell looked straight at him.

‘Ask…’ Romero seemed off guard.

‘If you had to come to meet, why are you so late? I’ll always know, you’ve checked it before.’

Now, Romero is quite screwed up after screwing Russell up for one week.

He looked down, ‘I wanted the whole confession thing a bit more fun and twisting. I’m sorry Russell. I should  have…..’

Russell cut him off, ‘Are we together now?’

Romero didn’t answer but stretched his arms to welcome Russell, smile on his face. Russell looked at Enrique, who was smiling instead of being sad. How could he be? Did Romero tell him anything? He ousted out those thoughts and jumped on Romero’s open, welcoming arms. Romero wrapped him to his body.

They really don’t wanna bother about the confession page or confession box. Only a chuckling Enrique exclaimed, “Father Facebook knows it all. Be it a wooden confession box of church or a web box of confession, the matters of heart, are still the same.”