Distant Shore

-Trigger warning- there's a suicide mention in this chapter.

*Peridot's POV*

I dig through my closet furiously. Nothing feels right! I let out a loud groan.

"Whatcha doooiiin?" My sister asks in a childlike voice from my doorway.

I jump and turn around

"LAPIS ASKED ME ON A DATE AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE CRAP TO WEAR!!" I groan

"Doesn't matter just bring a jacket."

Uhm what. How would she have an answer.

"How do you know?...DID YOU TALK TO HER??" I ask rather loudly

"Yep."

"Well what is she planning? Where are we going??"

"Okay you really wanna know?" She smiles into her words. I nod, eagerly awaiting the information.

"Somewhere. Chill. Bring a hoodie." She says flatly before walking out of the room.

"DAMN IT JASPER!"

Buzz Buzz

Lapis- Hey you ready? Hope so cause I'm outside.

FUCK.

I quickly grab my hoodie and start to leave the room.

Buzz buzz

Lapis- oh! Bring your speaker!

I grab it and run down the stairs and out the door.

To my surprise, Lapis isn't in her car but Jaspers. I walk over and get in.

"Hey Uhm why do you have my sisters truck?" I question

"You'll see."

The drive was fairly long, the sun is already starting to set. Once we reach the edge of beach city I begin to question where we are going. When I ask, Lapis just points to the top of The Moss Hill.

She reaches the top and backs up to the edge, putting it in park and cutting the engine. We get out and she pushes the seat forward, grabbing an assortment of pillows and blankets. I grab a few things for her and bring them to the back. She was setting up a bed in the back of the truck.

Oh my STARS. Jasper must have told her about how I used to want to do this. I can't believe this is actually happening right now. A smile glues itself to my face as I climb in back with her.

"So? Whadda think P? Perfect or what?" She giggles and leans back into the pillows.

"Definitely. This view is beautiful. I've never been up here before." I reply laying down beside her.

Lapis hooks her phone up to my speaker and plays a chill song playlist.

"I figured we can spend the night up here together and just relax." She smiles before staring up into the sky.

"It's perfect."

After a while the sun goes down fully and it starts to get cold. I throw my hoodie on and crawl under the blankets. Lapis giggles and crawls under with me scooting up next to me and putting her arm behind my head. The blue haired beauty pulls me onto her chest and wraps me up in her arms and the mass of blankets. I can feel my heart pounding out of my chest and with how close we are I'm sure she feels it too.

I'm so comfortable I start to doze off when Lapis' voice snaps me back awake.

It all became so lovely..
Those bluest sky's above me
Those funny feelings I had never felt before I met you
I thought I'd stay a while
I tried to learn to smile
So many colors I had never even known
Maybe I'd find myself smiling on that distant shore
Maybe I'm not alone~~

"Lapis your voice is beautiful..." I whisper not wanting to hear anything other than what I just heard. I've never heard her sing before. I feel like I'm floating...

Lapis giggles softly and kisses my head making my heart melt.

"That's just something I've been working on.."

"I thought I'd stay a while I tried to learn to smile? What do you mean by that?" I ask crossing my arms on her chest and sitting my head on them so that I can see her.

"I almost did something a while back...something irreversible.." My heart sinks to my stomach when I hear the sadness in her voice.

"But I'm glad I didn't. I wouldn't have met your dorky ass" she laughs as she pokes my nose.

"You're perfect" the words flow out of my mouth without thought. I lean over the beautiful girl beneath me and kiss her. Her lips are cold but soft against my own. When I pull away she pulls me back joining our lips for a second time. I feel her arms wrap around my back pulling me down so that I'm laying on top of her.  How did I get so lucky...

The rest of the night is filled with kisses and cuddling, music and memories. Eventually we fall asleep with each other. Letting the ocean sounds and music hypnotize us.

I wake up to kisses on my cheeks and forehead.

"Good morning beautiful." The tall girl coos as she sits up.

I groan softly and pull myself upright.

"How'd you sleep Lappy" I mumble sleepily

Lapis lets out a laugh and that cute snort she does when something is really funny. "Fine but Lappy??"

"Well yeah you call me Peri so that's my new nickname for you" I say wrapping my arms around her.

"It's cute. You're cute" she says as she wraps her arms around mine.

We eventually pack up and head back down the hill leaving only our memories up there.

"Hey Peri~" My date says smoothly, not taking her eyes off the road in front of her.

"Hm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" She giggles and looks toward me.

"Well duh" I smirk and lean over kissing her cheek.

This girl is the most amazing person I've ever met, and now, she's mine. 💕