Three

Kamilah

I sped my way over to my brother's house

I sped my way over to my brother's house. Deep down I really wanted to hear whatever it was Sammie felt compelled to say after seeing me. Being around his family gave me a good, yet scary feeling. It was familiar but unfamiliar. I could definitely say that speaking with his mom put me at ease. If there was someone that he was with and he was treating her better than he did me, good for him. Glad he finally grew up. The closer I got to Kam's house the more I tried to rid the idea of Sammie from my mind. I didn't want to be around my family in that type of head space. We were all looking forward to our newest edition. Besides, when it came to Kameron he didn't allow much to get passed him. Sammie and I had gone through so much, and through all of it he was the one that was there for me. I had grown into the woman I imagined myself to be and more since then and I didn't plan on looking back.

Getting out of my car in the driveway I could hear laughter coming from the rear of the house. I walked around the side and opened the gate, my nephew Kash smiled from ear to ear. "TT Milah!" he ran over to me with his arms opened wide. He was truly my baby.

"Hi baby, how are you?" I smiled rubbing his head. He and I began to walk over to where his parents were.

"Good! My Mom and Dad took me to the park and we went out to eat." he smiled.

"That sounds like a lot of fun. Did you save me some food?" I squinted my eyes at him as he laughed hysterically, shaking his head no. "What?! I'm gonna get you."

"I'll ask my dad if we can bring you next time, TT." he cheesed.

"I'm just teasing you baby, but I think thats a good idea." I wasn't gonna turn down a meal from my brother any day. I finally reached Nicole and embraced her in a hug, feeling her growing bump between us.

"Hey sis, what you been up to?" she asked while I placed my hand on her belly. She smiled and looked down. "He's getting big."

"Just three more months before I have somebody else to spoil. And nothing much, today was chill." I kept it simple before making my way to Kam, he kissed me on the cheek as we hugged each other.

"I hear that, well I'm gonna leave y'all to-"

"Aht, aht! No sir, you are as equally involved in this shower planning than anyone else. Sit ya ass down." Nicole cut him off and I busted out laughing, that was really typical Kameron. He'd throw his money at an event but didn't really do much when it came down to the planning process.

"Sit my ass down?" he questioned with a smirk. I looked between them both, Nicole keeping a raised brow as he taunted.

"I'm sorry baby. Sit your fine ass down. Is that better?" she smiled before laughing. Kameron walked over to her and kissed her lips.

"This woman, you something else man. What y'all want from me anyway?" he asked. I pulled out my laptop, Noelle had sent over a brief little questionnaire so that she could begin the planning after getting an idea of what they wanted for the shower.