Sharing and Swishing Hips

Hello people! I am a despicable person and do not deserve all the support everyone has given me over the last couple months. I am so sorry I have not updated. I have been in the biggest rut and could not figure out where to go next with this story. Now I am back on track and will hopefully be writing a lot more. Thank you to all of the people who have read, commented, or voted for me story in the past couple of months. You rock! So the song for this chapter is “You Make My Dreams” by Daryl Hall and John Oates. Please read, vote, comment, and share! Thanks and enjoy!!! 

Chapter 5: Sharing and Swishing Hips

Tuckett

Low looks beautiful in the dress. No doubt about it, plus I’m pretty sure the curves she shows in the dress will make Seth swallow his tongue. The guy never could hold his emotions in when he was around that girl. Even when they were younger he always focused his attention on her.

I continue to snap picture after picture, my fingers only pausing for a second when Vi appears in the frame and grabs Low in a hug, but I quickly press the button, letting the shutter capture three photos of the girls with tears rolling down their cheeks.

By the end of the day Low has found her dress and I am sure the store has completely run out of tissues.

I head back to my car and head home to load the pictures onto my computer. The images open to photoshop and I sort through them, picking out which ones are worth keeping and which I can get rid of. I scroll through them all but pause on the pictures of Vi and Low, both beautifully crying over the dress. I zoom in on Vi’s face and allow my eyes to trace over every inch of her face. She is glowing. Her face is slightly flushed and her brown eyes are shinning with happiness. My fingers unconsciously reach out and trace the image of her cheek on the screen. 

God I wish that I could actually touch her skin in reality. 

I sit in Katherine’s office, my knee bouncing up and down as I stare at the clock. It is 5:15 and I am supposed to be at Seth’s at six to talk about announcements and invitations. 

I have to be on time. 

Vi is going to be there. 

I rub the palms of my hands against the stubble on my face and collapse back into the chair I am sitting in. My knee continues to bounce up and down. 

“What is the nervousness about?” 

My gaze changes from the clock to the woman in the chair, staring at me, the fucking notebook on her lap.

“What are you talking about?” I ask, my eyebrows pulling together. 

“This anxiousness,” she says, motioning to my bouncing knee with her hand. “You haven’t glared at me once since you walking through the door fifteen minutes ago. You’ve just been staring at the clock.”

“I have somewhere to be at six, but instead I am wasting my time here.” I rub my hands over my face again. 

“Where are you going?”

“I am meeting Seth and Low at their house to go over wedding announcements.”

Katherine leans forward in her chair and shuts the notebook shut. 

“Who are Seth and Low?” she asks.

“Seth is my best friend since we were kids and I have been friends with Low since we were little.”