Chapter 5: The Next Day

I couldn't sleep a wink once Sehun had left. I felt so bad but at the same time, it felt as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I've been dying to say these things to him, but I've been a coward. I was too scared to hurt him.

I looked over at the clock and then Yeseung. Finally, after mentally battling myself I got off the bed and decided to a shower. After cleaning myself I woke up Yeseung and made her breakfast.

Aunty, where is oppa? she asked for the fifth time this morning.

Oppa had to leave Yeseung, I sighed hoping she would stop bringing him up.

Yeah, but why? She probed further. I turned around placing the chocolate chip pancake on her plate.

Oppa is busy he has work do to, I lied.

You're lying, she said pouting. Oppa promised he would stay. He wouldn't lie to me.

My heart broke for the innocent girl. She clearly hasn't experienced disappointment as much, Don't worry, you still have me,

I tried lightening the mood by turning on the T.V. hoping it would distract her. After we finished the breakfast I got her things and strapped her to the back of the car. Yeseung and I just talked about random things as we drove to my sisters' house.

Before I knew it we reached her house. I took the adorable girl out of the car and went up to my sisters' door. After ringing the doorbell, my brother-in-law opened the door clearly glad to see his daughter.

Thank you for taking care of her Nara, he said after picking Yeseung up and showering her with kisses.

No problem oppa, I say smiling at the cute father, daughter duo.

Come in, your sister just woke up, he said opening the door.

No its alright, I deny the offer. I have work today.

Oh ok, he nods understandingly. Turning to his daughter, What do you say to aunty, Yeseung?

She looks up at me smiling, Thank you, aunty.

You're welcome, sweetheart. Come to visit aunty more often, ok? I say to her.

She shyly nodded her head before my brother-in-law closed the door and said his goodbyes. I quickly ran to my car rushing to work.

~~~

Work was just a typical day. The kids and I did a lot of fun things, such as some arts and crafts activities. We also read a few books together, overall a pretty average day since it kept my mind off Sehun.

As soon as lunch rolled around I quietly watched the kids while constantly checking my phone. Clearly still concerned about Sehun. Halfway through lunch, a rough voice called my name. Without even looking I already knew who it was.

Sehun you need to leave, I say while trying to block the doorway to the classroom.

Nara let me just talk to you, he said clearly distressed. We don't have to talk right now, I'll pick you up at 8 o'clock. We are going out to talk.

He left me without hearing my protests, it was a demand, not a request. I sighed and sat down deciding whether I was going with him or not. I breathed in deeply and went about my day as if I never saw him.

~~~

I smoothed down my shirt as stared at my reflection. I changed into blue jeans and a plain grey shirt, to finish my look I wore a long checked jacket. I let out my hair from the tight french braids making a wavy beach effect. I didn't want to try too hard to look good.

Just as I was reaching for my phone to call Sehun, the doorbell rang. Grabbing all the things I need I walked over to the door. Sehun was wearing a white blazer shirt with his sleeves rolled up, showing his muscles, the button at the top was undone. He wore his dress pants and held a black blazer and a tie in his hand.

I raise my eyebrow, confused why he looked like a hot mess, he sighed and answered, I had a meeting with the Dean and the other Physics professors. I didn't have time to change.

I nodded my head and locked my door before I followed Sehun downstairs to the parking lot. Breaking the silence as we sat in the car, I asked, Where are we going?

You'll see, Sehun said starting up the car. It's a surprise.

I hate surprises, I mumbled to myself.

I know, he replies. But this one you'll like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please check out my new story "Perfect". Thank you for my few readers! It means a lot!