Touched

The flower looked exactly like Amy had said it did. It was absolutely beautiful and was glowing with a bright yellow light as he got closer. Sonic cautiously walked up towards the flower his flashlight still turned off.

The vine it was on seemed to lower itself tempting Sonic to just pull it off. Sonic gave into his curiosity and put his hand on the flower. Little did he notice his friends calling his name waiting for him to respond. He slowly plucked the flower off the vine.

"That was easier than I thought! Now time to get back to the others," Sonic said to himself and held the flower in his hands.

But then the flowers light turned from bright yellow like the sun to shadow black like a starless night. The black mist came from the flower and it started to get thicker and thicker. Sonic gasped and tried to put the flower safely on the ground but it wouldn't fall onto the ground.

It was getting harder and harder for the blue hedgehog to breath. The mist seemed to choke him and not allow Sonic to breathe. Sonic fell to his knees holding up his weight with his weak arms,

Instead it grew vines that climb its way up Sonics arm. The vines soon started clawing at the skin where Sonic's heart was. The blue hedgehog couldn't help but call out in pain. He tried to shake the vines off but no luck.

"Did anyone hear that?" Tails asked hearing the yells of the poor blue hedgehog.

"It sounded like someone yelling," Amy said while looking around the dark forest trying to find where the sound comes from.

"That sounds like Sonic! Hurry! He might be badly hurt!" Shadow called and ran in the direction of the sound.

There all five of them found an unconscious hedgehog lying on the ground. Flower in hand with vines loosening its grip. Sonic's eyes were forced shut and didn't open no matter how hard he tried... He was into much pain. His breaths were uneasy and fast and were to light for comfort. There were open cuts on his chest mostly near his heart. He was shivering in pain and was sweating like crazy.

Tails had been able to scoop up the flower in a jar and brought it back with him. Tails stood in front of his friends and let out a sigh as he held the jar in his hands. The vines started to scratch at the glass walls of the jar trying to escape.

Soon Shadow picked up his blue counterpart and followed the others back to the master emerald. They all silently walked up the stairs to the master emerald shrine and set Sonic down. Sonic was shivering like crazy and didn't seem healthy at all.

"Shadow you need to be Sonic's pillow for now while I and the others talk," Knuckles said and soon Shadow gave in to the request.

"Fine... But you guys owe me for this," Shadow said to them all and everyone nodded.

Shadow placed Sonic down on his lap. Sonic's head laid down on Shadow's soft chest fur and his arms wrapped around Shadow's waist. Knuckles and Rouge started to laugh at the sight. Tails and Amy just watched in amazement as Shadow wrapped his arm around Sonic and looked away from them.

"That's a keeper... That's going to be my new screensaver," Rouge said after taking a picture of the two hedgehogs.

They all a good laugh and they all went to the side to talk. Rouge was sitting on top of the master emerald while Knuckles was leaning on it below her. Tails and Amy just sat next to each other on the floor.

"So what happened to Little Blue?" Rouge asked the others as she kicked her feet.

"I don't know... Legend has it that the flower either makes the person makes the deadly sick or gives them powers not even Echidna's understand," Tails said panicking and let out a sad sigh.

"So when do you think he'll wake up?" Knuckles asked looking over at the two hedgehogs.

All of a sudden they heard Sonic stirring in Shadow's arm. Shadow looked down at the panicking hedgehog with worry showing on his face. Shadow managed to pet Sonic's blue quills and made him calm down a little.

"Ugh... W-what happened?" Sonic groaned in pain and clutched his chest.

"Are you alright Faker?" Shadow asked his counterpart seeing that he's in pain.

"I-I d-don't feel that g-good," Sonic stuttered and tried to stand but fell back down on Shadow's chest.

"Sonic? Come on... Get up," Shadow said as he nudged the blue hedgehog.

"E-everything h-hurts... H-help me S-Shadow," Sonic said and let his eyes slowly close