Red Moon (1)

" Syaoran-kun~ dinner is ready " Exclaimed the young damsel from the kitchen.

The brunette shape shift into his little wolf form and ran downstairs to her mistress's side. She smiled at the little one and put his food into his bowl, today is shredded chicken with pumpkin paste. When the wolf is eating his dinner, the young damsel prepared the table with her cooking. Then the main door opened revealed the older brother coming in after his part time work, he went to his little sister and rub her hair making it messy, she yelled at his brother and hit him at the stomach but no reaction from the brother to soft punch.

The older brother went to the living room and put his bag at the couch, he turned on the TV and open the news channel. He went to the table to eat dinner, he then stare at the food that she prepared. He notice that there were no vegetables, he glared to his sister knowing that she did that because she doesn't like vegetables. The little sister averted the glare and continue her eating. Suddenly the news reporter said that tomorrow there will be a red moon at night, she then showed the conversation of the between the two scientist who investigate the outer space. Due to the confirmation of the red moon, there will be mega sales during the appearance of the red moon. The older brother was shocked to heard the word ' mega sales ' from the mouth of the news reporter. He look at his sister, the little sister felt a chill and look at his brother.

" Sakura tomorrow you must go to the grocery store " He commanded

Her eyes went wide hearing his words, she then asked why her and not him going to the store. The older brother replied he had work tomorrow during the night. He pointed the mini whiteboard to his schedule part time works and tomorrow was the night shift. She then sighed and agreed to him feeling defeated because there is no other reason to not go the store. She asked her brother what to buy, then his brother gulp down his food in his mouth to speak.

" I only said this once, go buy eggs, milk, maybe some pickled plums also buy the small pack of gelatin for the dessert I want to make for me and Yuki, speaking about Yuki he did said he wants some green vegetables so, buy cucumbers and bell peppers. Wait we do run out of vegetables, go buy carrots, Broccoli and tomato. Wait dad will come back the day after tomorrow, buy curry paste for dinner. Dad likes curry.... So put this list into your head okay monster " He said then take his empty plate into the kitchen.

The little girl stared blankly and blinking her eyes. She went to look for her brother but he disappeared to his room. She panicked as she could not remember most of it, she continue eating with a blank face. The little wolf finished his dinner and ran to the couch and sat on it, he faced the TV with seriousness. His eyes glued to the word at the TV spelled ' red moon '.

" No " He said it out loud to snap her mistress from her staring to the wall.

She questioned the little one but the wolf only silent and continue to watch the news, she stand up and putting the dirty and empty plates to the sink and start washing it. She remembered she did not tell about the wolf to her dad, she decided to talk to her father after doing the dishes. The little wolf switched off the TV using the remote controller beside him, he then changed into his human form and went to door.

" Syaoran-kun, where are you going this late night? " She questioned him while doing the dishes.

The brunette look at his mistress and said he won't be away for long and exited through the main door. She was dumbfounded about his replied and continue focusing doing the dishes. After that, she wiped her hands at the kitchen towel and went to her room, she reached out her phone and open her contacts and pressed the contact named Dad. She waited for her dad to pick up the phone.

" Hello Sakura-chan, how are you and Toya-kun? Did he tease you again? Sorry for not calling you these days, my work is stopping me from calling you two " Apologized the father through the phone.

She then told her dad that she is doing fine and the older brother is the same as always. She then told her dad about the little wolf, how she found it and it was a stray without no owner. Surprisingly, the father took it well rather her older brother who said no all the time. The father gave his permission and said he can't wait to see his two favorite people including the wolf. Before she ended the call, she said to her father to take care and he replied the same. Then suddenly a folded paper appear below the door, she reached out and unfolded the paper to see the long list of things need to buy and behind the paper is a doodle of her brother's face with a tongue sticking out from his mouth. She sighed and put it on her study table, and reached out her bag and take out her homework from school and started doing it, while doing it she kept thinking about her Syaoran running somewhere else without telling why.

Outside, the brunette ran to the penguin park and he stayed on top of its crown. He sat down and look at the starry dark sky on top of him with a worried look glued at his face.

" My curse.... I will go berserk during the red moon, she will see my monster side of me... " He said while his eyes became teary.

He remembered the words people said to him as a kid during the red moon.  ' monster ',  ' killer ',  ' hideous ' and ' go away monster! '. The brunette cried as he hid his face into his legs, he asked himself why he was born with this curse, he understand why in the family he is the only boy while all his older siblings were girls. The Li family was filled with girls because the curse only applied to boys. He understand why every night he heard his mom crying at her mom. During the red moon, he will turn into a beast a huge wolf with red eyes and fangs and sharp claws, and during it he will go berserk and will kill anyone in his sight including his family, and one unfaithful night, Syaoran regained his mentality and saw he Just killed his father.

His father smiled to his son and caress his son's cheek and died with a blood bath. Syaoran cried all night seeing he killed his father, then neighbours heard the noise he made and found him with bloody clothes and the dead body. Then the words came out from their mouths. Some people threw rocks at him, Syaoran only cried while take the hits. Then his Mother raced to his son side and take the hit, the neighbours stopped and tell her that her son was a murderer, then the mother commanded them to go back to their homes.

" Mom, I'm Sorry... " Said the young Syaoran and her mother only Hugged him and Syaoran cried till he calmed down.

The next day, they buried the father's body along with the sisters. At that night Syaoran left a note at his room and left China in order to stop causing for the family.