001. the life of claire winchester

CLAIRE WINCHESTER WAS BORN without her biological father knowing anything about it.

It wasn't how Alicia Holden wanted things to go - it was all wrong, she wanted Dean by her side, she was scared, she didn't know what to do, and she didn't even know how she was going to take care of this baby all by herself. She ran away from home, from the people whom wanted her to give her baby away, and her short lived romance had ended long before the baby was welcomed into this world. The woman thought about it for a long time, whether or not she should try and search the hunter down, to tell him that she was bearing his child.. But she couldn't. With the knowledge of what that boy did, and what his life would be, she just couldn't drag her daughter into that lifestyle.

Obviously, she wanted her daughter to have her father in her life, who wouldn't want that for their child? But the dangers he would bring to them, was just not worth it, and Alicia just couldn't bring herself to go searching for the Winchester boy. They were both young, it was a short romance, with both of them knowing that he had to leave town the second his hunt was complete. When he left, Alicia knew that it was for the best, in the end.

Dean Winchester wasn't a family man, the boy had even told Alicia that one night when they had snuck out to watch the stars. He didn't want a family, he didn't want any children, and the poor girl felt like she would have ruined his life if she told him that she had his child inside of her.

So she did it alone.

She moved towns, away from her toxic family, away from all of her friends, and away from the place she met the love of her life - she started new. She found a decent job, found an apartment, and begun to bring her daughter up on her own.

Claire was an amazing baby. She wasn't too difficult to care for, she wasn't a fussy baby at all, she never fussed, and she was easy to please. Alicia knew that she had hit the jackpot with an amazing baby like hers, and she couldn't be more happy that she had ignored her family's pleas to get rid of her, and took matters into her own hands.
It was difficult, to bring up a baby girl all on her own, but she managed, and Alicia couldn't be more proud of herself because of it. She went against all odds, and she won.

Alicia received more promotions, and she climbed to the top, even managing to buy a nice, small home in a lovely neighbourhood in a small town, living a white picket fence life, as Dean liked to call it. Every now and then, her thoughts went back to that boy, and she wondered what he was doing - if he had found someone else, if he had gotten out of the life he hated so much.. But she tried to stop herself, because she realised that he wasn't going to come back, and she was on her own, she had to move on, just like he had.

When Claire started to age, she started to ask questions.

Why don't I have a daddy? Did he leave us? Does he not love me?

Alicia found it very difficult to find ways to steer her away from the subject of her father, she couldn't tell her why he wasn't here, and she definitely could not tell her that he didn't want her, which was why she ran away from him in the first place. She gave no answers.

After her mother had avoided so many questions about her father and why she didn't have one, Claire realised that it was no use to ask anymore. At such a young age, she had to learn to face the fact that she just wasn't going to be like the other kids, she wasn't going to have a large family with a father, with siblings, or with any nanny or grandad, like a lot of the people she knew, had. Sure, it upset her, but she had adapted to a life with just her mother, and since it was all she knew, she didn't miss him like she used to.