Chapter XXIII

Hi all please don't be a silent reader, like and comment your thoughts so far. Thank you xx

I pull on my joggers and a black t-shirt again, I grab the towel from the side and ruffle it through my hair till it's almost dry.
Chucking the towel on the rack I walk out the bathroom hearing the end of my door bell ring. That's weird I didn't think anyone was coming over and Wayne didn't send me a heads up.

I got Wayne to be posted at the entrance today because of all the drama that happened at the diner, I knew the news agencies would be all over my house trying to figure out who the mystery girl is; where she lives, who she to me and so on.
Sam threw herself into danger to protect me she didn't even care about the consequences, I was so stupid to get her involved in my life, now she hates me and there nothing I can do I have no idea what the press are going to say or where they are for all I know they could still be out side my house.  I don't want to get in the way of what Sam wants even if it kills me to see her with that shit head Tom.

I walk down stairs each step I'm dreading more and more. Please don't be the press I don't want to have a fight with someone I'm not in the mood.
I walk slower than normal hoping that the person would just get bored and walk away.
I walk down the hallway to the door letting out a puff of air before I grasp the cold door handle and twist it open.
Pulling the door open my eyes connect with Samantha's blooming blue bell eyes piercing into my own but this time something felt different every time I used to stare into Samanthas eyes it was like there was a storm thickening just before the lightning cracks it's light through the darkening clouds.
But her eyes are clear glaciers, perfect and rich with colour something I don't think I would ever get tired of getting lost in.

I soon become perplexed into why she's standing on my door step if anyone should be standing on a door step it should be me with an apology.
I subconsciously knit my eyebrows together as I as,
"What are you doing here?" Dear god my voice sounds awful.

I use this time to take in Samantha's appearances, she's wearing a grey pair of trainers with a couple of stains in them, a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie. My black hoodie, I know it mine because of the way it fits on her small body and if she turned around my last name would be on the back. She looks adorable.
She pulls a bag of my favourite popcorn (sweet and salted obviously) and a packet of skittles close to her chest just showing me, she never says a word and she doesn't have to I know exactly what's she's saying.
I feel my lips deepen into a smile as I open the door wider for Sam to walk in, I watch her luxuriant brown hair bounce slightly in the messy bun shes pulled her hair into as she walks into the house; but making sure she takes of her shoes before she steps onto any carpet, this girls definitely cute for caring about my carpet.

Sam walks into the kitchen where she opens the popcorn and throws one into her mouth, I lets out a small chuckle as I walk over to grab a bowl and pour the popcorn into the bowl.

"So What brings you here?" I say grabbing the food and walking into the lounge feeling Samantha follow close behind me.

"Well my boss rang and said he's seen me on the news so best not to come in for today you know with my black eye and all" I hadn't even noticed her slightly swelling purply pink eye until now, guilt washes over me instantly after Sam spoke, she can't go to work because of me;
because I chased her down, because I wanted to become friends. I say wanted to be her friend but it was more like needed, i needed to know her, to know this mystery girl and the secrets she keeps. And then I fell and I fell hard for someone I couldn't have for some I can't have because she might like someone else and could only think of me as a friend; I felt my stomach twist as I ran through the thought of that.

I let out a sigh causing Samantha's expressionless face to stare into mine,
"I'm so sorry Sam, you shouldn't have got involved, i-I'm such an idiot." I say as I rub my brow bone with one hand.
I feel Samantha's small warm hand wrap around my own taking me by surprise, this small action causes me to smile slightly.