Apples Vs Trees

Note: Chapter with weird titles are the final version.

The school bell rang, a stampede of hurried students rushing out their respective classrooms and through the school gates like a flash flood. Touya slowly packed his bag at the back of his classroom, hoping to avoid the large bundle of students currently blocking the school gates. He plugged in his headphones and shoved his phone into the side pocket of his blazer as he walked out, humming the melody of the song under his breath.

He strolled to the back of the school where Fuyumi's classes were held and saw her talking animatedly with a group of girls by the small cherry blossoms.

"Yumi!" He called out, watching his sister jump in surprise and turn to look at him in an oddly suspicious manner. Her friends seemed to either squeal or flush brightly at his presence, immediately making his eyes roll. He smirked, eyeing Fuyumi.

"Come on, we have to pick up Shouto," he said, placing his hand on her shoulder, "How are you Akane-San?"

Touya made sure to send them all a warm, charming smile, very pleased with their pink faces.

What? He was a big brother, he had to do his job.

Akane seemed to forget how to speak as she babbled along the lines of gibberish. He opened his mouth to speak so he could make the situation worse but Fuyumi, who was clearly embarrassed, dragged him away from them, shouting her goodbyes. Touya grinned at them, making the girls erupt into quiet hushes and squeals.

"See you all later," he shouted, waving at them before turning and ambled behind his hurricane of a sister.

"Wipe that smile off your face or I'll end you," his sister threatened, glaring at him. If looks could kill, he'd be dead 10 times over and still burning in the depths of hell.

"Not sure how your friends will feel about that,"

She growled but slowed her pace down, still moody.

"I thought you wanted me to flirt with your friends?"

"That was yesterday. Never again you hear me, I'd rather deal with them ranting about how perfect your hair was today then see you flirt with my best friends,"

"You talk about me?" Touya teased lightheartedly, "Careful my cute little Imoto if you frown like that you'll scare away the birds."

Fuyumi seemed to blush at that, making him narrow his eyes. There was something he was missing here.

"Put a sock in it."

"I would but someone decided to burn them," he glared pointedly at the witch who was smirking smugly at him. Last week, just because they were arguing over something stupid, the wretch had set all his socks on fire. She had the nerve to fucking smile while doing it as well.

"See Oniisan, nothing is on fire, fire is on things,"

Evil little witch.

The two of them bickered the rest of the way as they headed to Shouto's daycare. Usually, their father would arrange for them to be picked up but he was out of town today and had taken the family's chauffeur. Not that they minded, it was nice to be normal kids every once and a while and their respective schools were all in the same neighbourhood.