6

Clint poked his head out of the stall and sighed before walking over to the wheelbarrow.

"Stupid cat," Clint muttered as he picked up the multi-colored creature.

Steve peered out of the stall, "You have a cat?"

Clint sent him a look as he put the cat down on a railing, "Steve I have a farm, I kinda need a barn cat," Clint picked me out of the wheel barrow before walking back in the stall, setting me on a clear patch of floor.

Steve stared at me for a moment before sweeping the pile of dirt and debris out of the stall.

Clint disappeared out of the stall before returning with a big, white block. He ripped the skin off and out poured, what smelled like pine shavings.

"Can you grab a couple more of these? They're on the shelf," Clint requested as he spread the shavings around.

Steve disappeared out the stall door, "How many did you need?" He called a few moments later.

Clint finished spreading out that bag before answering, "About two,".

I pressed my nose into the shavings, it smelled so much better than my previous home had.

Steve walked back in the stall and dropped two blocks onto the floor, which caused shavings to go flying.

A few of them landed on me.

Clint sighed as Steve gave a small, "Oops?"

I sneezed as Clint swept a few shavings off of my face.

Steve took the knife and cut open the bags to spread the rest of the shavings put himself.

"Are you sure the little guy needs this many shavings? It doesn't move very much," Steve questioned as he finished spreading the shavings evenly around the stall.

"May not now, but it will when it gets more comfortable," Clint informed.

I watched as the two left the stall, locking the door behind them.

I lifted my head and listened as the barn door closed when the pair left.