Receiving THE Letter (1)

THE SMALL CHILD twist and turn in her large queen bed as she tries to avoid the harsh sunlight coming through her open window, groaning in annoyance at the sound of birds chirping the morning away. As she turns to her stomach she hears the sound of paper slightly crunching beneath her body. She sits up to find two letters on top of her blanket addressed to her.

Miss Hermione Guinevere R. D. Granger

The bedroom on the right, at the top of the stairs

08 Heathgate

Hampstead Garden Suburb

LONDON

"Hermione Guinevere R.D. Granger? Is this for me?" she flips the letter towards the back, " It does have my address on it, it also knew where my bedroom is! Oh, they probably mistyped my middle name wrong." she exclaimed as she flipped the letter to find a red wax stamped with a 'H'. She then picked up a pale blue letter with another stamped wax sealed, except it's blue with the letter 'B'.

Miss Hermione Guinevere R. D. Granger

The bedroom at the top of the stairs

08 Heathgate

Hampstead Garden Suburb

LONDON

"Did mum, left it here? I guess she did if it really was for me." As she opened the letters, she squinted and wondered if someone decided it was her turn to be pranked.

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc, Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump. International Confed of Wizards)

Dear Miss Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

She then opened the other pale blue letter, reading the contents, which then she realised that they were schools for wizards and witches. One was from Hogwarts and the other was a place called Beauxbatons. Gingerly, she set the letters on her lap and threw herself back onto her pillows and sighed.

What just happened. That was probably some kind of joke by someone, I'm sure of it. She thought. A School? For Magic?

It wasn't a moment later when her mum knocked on her door, knocking her out of her thoughts.

"Hermione, dear? Are you awake?" Gwen, questioned as she opened her daughter's door narrowly.

"Yes, mum!"

"Get dressed and come down, there's a guest for you." Her mum called out.