Folders (2)

DRACO WAS TRULY excited a day before he left the Manor towards the station, all packed as he looked around his room to find that he had left nothing important behind. He was about to go to bed before a knock interrupted him.

"Come in!" It was probably either his mother or father, it was only the three of them anyways at home.

"Draco, dear." Narcissa Malfoy, opened his door, as she glided inside. "We forgot to give you these folders."

"What are they?" he questioned. And why are are there so many?

"They are folders of girls that fits our pedigree, and we want you to choose one of them before you arrive at Hogwarts." she drops the folders onto his opened luggage. "Now, some of them have already sorted into Houses, but we have girls your age who have not. But with their family lines, it seems we'll know which Houses they will be in."

"Mother, not this again," he huffed in annoyance. "What if my potential brides turns out to not be in the two houses and they turn out to be a Gryffindork or a Huff?!" He panicked.

"Hmm, you are right. I will inform your father to move the due dates to two months delay to choose after the House sorting. Choose well my son." his mother walked towards him and patted his shoulder. "One of the elves will hand you more of the folders in the morning and the other half I will owl them later."

"Yes, mother." Draco sighed, he turned off the lights, and made himself under the covers and closed his eyes.

_____

Waking up with light towards his face, Draco snuggled in the comfort of his bed before opening his eyes and looking out the window. "It's Sunday!"

Having his suitcase taken out by one of his house elves, he made his way downstairs with another elf waiting at the bottom with a bunch of folders in his arms.

"Young Master Draco, where shall I place these folders?" the elf squeaked.

"Put them in the luggage. I'll read them later."

The family of three apparate to the train station, seeing other families saying goodbye to their children.

"Now, Draco." His father clasped his hand to his son's shoulder. Draco looked at his father, sneering at children bumping past him, before looking at his heir. "Do make friends with proper children. If I receive a letter from anyone that you befriended lower class status, you know what would happen."

"Yes, father." Draco took his luggage onto the train and tried looking for empty compartments. When he found one he scrunched his nose in disgust at one of the red-headed children that looked a lot older than him sitting in the corner, who looked up at him when the door opened, Draco sneered and closed the door to leave to find a compartment so very empty on the opposite side. Closing the sliding door, he opened his luggage to a stack of folders and looked through each of the girls. Abbott, Burke, Carrow, Max, Greengrass, Brown, Bulstrode, Parkinson, Rosier, Weasley and R.D.G.

Draco scoffed as he threw the Weasley folder back into his suitcase, as if they were an option he then frowned as he never heard of a family with the initials R.D.G, as he was of an age of a curious child, he opened to a blank image and to some missing contents on the page.

Name: Unknown

Mother: Guinevere Dagworth-Granger
Status: Missing

Father: Tom Riddle
Status: Unknown

Draco squints his eyes at the name, he never heard of a Riddle, so he would probably be a Muggle marrying into the prestigious Dagworth-Granger family.

Family relations:
The Dagworth-Grangers' (pureblood)
The Slytherins' (pureblood)
The Gaunts' (pureblood)
The Riddles' (muggles)

Blood status: Half-blood

House: Unknown

He would have to write a note to his father later on to why a half-blood is considered to be his bride-to-be. He looked down at her status and his eyes slightly widened.

Status: Deceased

Draco frowned even more when he wondered why a deceased child is in the list of his betrothals. He chucked all of the folders back into his trunk. It wasn't until he closed the top of his trunk when the words from the two sections on the page changed.

Name: Hermione Guinevere Riddle Dagworth-Granger

Status: Alive

_____

edited 07.08.22