Stressed Out

A few minutes earlier

Charlie's POV

As soon as Gilbert and Anne left, everybody did too. They said that they wanted to make sure that Anne and Gilbert were alright.

When, in reality they wanted to leave me and Diana alone and Jerry made it quite clear whilst he was walking away hand in hand with Ruby.

"I don't want a sibling anytime soon." said Jerry and I wanted to hit him on the head with a stick, but Diana asked something and Jerry took the chance to leave.

"What did he mean by that?" asked Diana and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's Jerry. You can never be sure."

Let's just say. I'm thankful that Anne wasn't here because, if she was. I'm pretty sure my cheeks would be matching with her hair colour or her temper.

"Diana, we need to talk." I said as I sat down next to her.

"Alright..." said Diana cautiously.

"We have been good friends for a while..."

"That's a lie." said Diana and I found myself being hopeful. "We're best friends."

Oh, look I found Anne's spot. What was it called? Oh, yes. Silly me. Depths of despair.

"Anne would be jealous..."

"No, she wouldn't. She is my bosom friend and you are my other best friend." said Diana and each word she spoke was like a knife in my heart.

"Yeah. I... Let's just go." I said getting up and helping Diana to her feet.

"Alright." said Diana with a frown.

Flashback Begins

"Make a move before someone else will." - Jerry

"She will be with someone else and you will cry yourself to sleep if you don't do anything quickly." - Ruby

"Look, I'm Charlie and I'm too much of a coward to ask the girl I like out." - Anne

"Man up." - Cole

"I was scared and now I have her in my arms... I think you know what to do." - Gilbert

Flashback Ends

"Wait. It's not nothing. We need to talk and please. No. Diana. I'm trying to finish. You'll talk after me. I haven't even start speaking yet, how can you have an opinion, already?" I asked as Diana kept on trying to interrupt me.

"I was going to say. Go on." said Diana with the most beautiful chuckle I have ever heard in my life.

"I like this girl..."

"Awwww. Can I meet her?"

"... Sure." I said, not quite thinking about it.