2-Deals

Sitting in Dante's office while he went to answer a call was awkward to say the least. Wade kept rattling on about how he just met and shook hands with the Dante while staring at his hand.

"You do know who he is right?" Wade asked looking up at me.

I shrugged making him sigh and throw his hand in the air.

"He's the Dante Yulikova." He stated like it was so obvious. "The mafia boss!" He said exasperated when I didn't react. "What if he wants to kill us?"

I actually laughed when he whisper shouted that at me. Seriously?

"If he wanted to kill us why would we be in his office?" I asked.

"I don't know, to make us trust him?" He questioned.

My response of 'you're an idiot' was cut off by Dante walking in with a woman following him with a black folder in her hand.

"Sorry guys, I needed to take that call." He said smiling. "Allie, the contract." He held out his hand and she handed him the folder. "I am offering you a place to set up your food stand within the zoo here." He said opening the contract and handing it to me.

"Repayment for your help earlier."

"You don't need to repay me." I stated looking down at the contract.

"I was raised to repay favors with favors." He stated.

"So was I." I remarked. "My mother would be disappointed if I excepted." I stood up and he moved right in front of me.

"Are you refusing me?" He asked his voice seeming to go deeper, almost a growl. I'm shorter than him so he had to look down to meet my eyes while I had to look up.

"Yes." I stated crossing my arms. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go home." I stepped around him while he was stunned by my response. "Wade." I called behind me as I walked out the door.

"Are you crazy?" Wade nearly shouted at me once we were outside.

"I don't need his charity." I unintentionally snapped. "I only did what was right, I don't need a reward for that."

We were walking to my truck when I heard a man yelling something about breaks. Looking up I saw a four wheeler speeding down a path. There were two women standing in the path right where he was going to be. They were going to be ran over! The older of the two attempted to pull the younger out of the way, but only managed to pull her glove off making her fall. I ran towards her as she stood back up and got to her just in time to push her to the side before getting hit.
I groaned as I landed roughly on my back further irritating my ribs. We rolled a few times before I ended up on top of her.

"Are you okay?" I asked after taking a few deep breaths and looking over her face. She just stared at me. "Are you okay?" I repeated.

She finally nodded and I helped her stand up.

I noticed Dante standing next to the older woman with his arm protectively around her.

They must know each other. I thought to myself.

The woman looked over at me with the younger woman still in my arms.

"Thank you for saving my daughter." She smiled. "What can I do for you in return?"

"Oh, you don't have to repay me." I said hold a hand up in her direction. "It was nothing."

"He helped me earlier with some thugs too." Dante supplied.

Thanks. I thought sarcastically.

"Really?" The woman asked. "You saved both my son and my daughter today?" I just nodded in response not knowing what to say. "I'm Elena, their mother." She smiled. "That is Jasmine." She pointed to the woman I was still holding on to.

"Mikki." I stated.

"Let me treat you to dinner tonight." She said.

"I-"

"You don't want to be rude, do you?" Wade asked in my ear. "You already declined her son's offer." He got closer to my ear. "You can't decline hers too."

I sighed and looked at Elena before agreeing to have dinner with them.
After finding out where and when to meet them for dinner Wade and I both left.

"I can't believe you!" Wade yelled making me jump and swerve. "You were going to be so rude to her!"

"My mom is going to be so disappointed with me when she finds out." I mumbled. "I did the right thing is all." I stated a little louder. "I don't need a reward for that."

"That was Dante's mom!" He yelled again.

"If you don't stop yelling you can walk there." I snapped.

He stayed quiet the rest of the time I drove until we finally arrived at a strip mall. I parked in front of a small store.

"What are we doing here."

"I've just got to pick some stuff up for home is all." I replied. "Just wait here, I'll only be a minute."

Quickly running in, getting what I needed, and paying we were on the road again.

"They just had to pick a place out of town, didn't they?" I grumbled.

"You were the one that told them you wanted to drive." He stated.

"I know."

Finally arriving at the restaurant after a very uncomfortable drive, for me, I sighed and got out of the truck. I froze starring up at the sign on the front of the building before looking back down at what I was wearing. Dante walked up behind us while we were waiting out front of the very fancy looking restaurant.

"You got here first." He stated grabbing my shoulder.

"We had to make a stop and still got here first." Wade boasted earning a glare from Jasmine and a elbow to the stomach which made her laugh.

"Shall we?" Elena asked gesturing to the door.

Walking in behind them I felt incredibly out of place and under dressed.

This is going to be so fun. I thought sarcastically.

*************************************************
1018