Blah, blah, blah... blurb

• Dedicated to Mr C. Mr. Literature - I salute you, sir.

‘There will be time’ - title of my collection is (as I am sure you all know) a line from T. S. Eliot’s ‘The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock’. I wrote this collection to assist a return to writing following a lengthy hiatus during which circumstances had conspired to destroy my confidence in my abilities. Through Wattpad, I decided to test response to my work and in this way make a final decision whether or not, my poetry held any merit.

Originally, the collection was designed as an exercise and I broke down Eliot’s masterpiece line by line, almost word by word, scouring for technique. The first draft was derivative but as I grew better at understanding (I believe) the spirit of Elliot’s piece, I dropped the proverbial reins and allowed Intuition to take the lead. I kept asking myself – how/what/why would Eliot write today.

I hope that you enjoy my collection. I consider it my Love Song to T. S. Eliot to whose life-changing poetry I was introduced when I was 14. With all my heart, I thank you, sir.

To any teacher or tutor reading this (professional or other), I would like to add: Never underestimate the good work you do. 

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock:   http://www.bartleby.com/198/1.html