Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Elizabeth's POV

A few hours later...

 I wake up slowly from my nap to find Bruce asleep next to me. I smile to myself before gently waking him up. He stirs and opens his eyes quickly. "Liz, baby, how are you feeling?" "I'm tired but the nap sure helped. I'm sorry to have collapsed on you so quickly. I know everyone wanted to see me but I just needed a bit of rest. I also need to take a shower. What time is it?" I check my phone on the bedside table to find out it's eight thirty in the evening already. "It's eight thirty in the evening already." I nod and take my time getting out of bed. Bruce helps me to the bathroom and waits for me while I shower to make sure that I don't get hurt somehow. 

   I manage to shower in a decent time length and not hurt myself somehow. Bruce closes his eyes and wraps me up in a towel, giving me a few minutes to dry off in private before bringing in some clothes for me. Bruce is such a gentleman, bless his pure heart. When I'm dressed, I fix my hair and make myself presentable for a late dinner. I owe that to everyone. They visited me countless times in the hospital and did many favors for Bruce. I love the Avengers and many of their friends so much. 

    I forgot to mention that I'm using a walker for a little while at home until I get back on my feet. I have a day off from physical therapy sessions tomorrow but the day after that, I'm on my physical therapy grind once again. When Bruce and I walk into the kitchen, everyone brightens instantly. I get gentle hugs from everyone and thankfully no one crushes me to death, especially Thor. He's a lovable guy but sometimes he gets a bit carried away with his hugs. Bruce and I catch everyone up to speed on my progress, what I've been doing in my physical therapy sessions, etc. 

   I smile at everyone. "The best part is that my physical therapist Brock told me that I'll be able to walk on my own again eventually. I've made the best progress in the least amount of time of any patient he's ever had. That blew my mind and made me feel pretty great." I can see Bruce trying not to roll his eyes but he does so anyways. He notices me looking at him and puts on a fake smile. Note to self, don't mention Brock by name anymore. I'm just thankful he stopped hitting on me, mainly due to being afraid of the ass whopping he'd get from Hulk. 

    Speaking of Hulk, I'm going to spend some time with him in the training room after we eat before I go back to bed for the night. I miss the big guy a lot and vice versa. Hulk and I have a nice two hour long visit with each other after dinner, in which I almost fall asleep in his arms twice. Hulk rocks me in his arms playfully, causing me to have a giggle fit. He's such a big softie. He gives me the most loving kiss on the lips before shifting back into Bruce. Bruce then carries me bridal style to the bathroom, helps me brush my teeth, covers me up, kisses me on the forehead, and stays by my side all night long. I don't know when exactly he fell asleep but I'm hoping it's not too late at night. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary