Chapter 31

Later that day, Jenna is out doing some shopping, wanting to get an outfit for her and Shawn's date tonight. She's walking down one of the main streets, in and out of the stores and looking for something to wear.

"So how's Florida?" Alice asks on the other end of the phone.

"It's good. I miss home though."

"How's Mr. Baseball?"

"He's good."

"What are you doing?" as she hears the racks moving.

"Just doing some shopping. He's hanging out at home."

"Shopping for what?"

"God, you're so nosy. A dress to go to dinner. We're having a date night."

"Hey, I'm your best friend. I'm allowed to be nosey."

"Whatever. We're going out for dinner, and I didn't bring anything super nice."

"Have you thought about like your guy's future? Stuff like that?" Alice asks.

"Oh my god Alice, it's only been like seven months."

"Yeah but you guys are high school sweethearts."

"So?" Jenna smiles, looking through some more dresses and finding a few to try on. She goes into the dressing room and putting Alice on speakerphone.

"He and Janelle are over. Do you see yourself marrying Shawn?"

"I don't know. I used too...it's been so long and it's just fun right now."

"Fun?"

"Alice you don't even know. It's amazing."

"I'm just saying. I'd marry him."

"Of course you would," Jenna rolls her eyes.

"And I would have all his babies."

"I'm sure you would," she sighs. "I have to find a dress, I'll call you later," she hangs up.

"Shawn?" Jenna calls out, walking back into the house. She walks into the living room and sees him fast asleep on the couch. She sits down. "Shawn..."

"Mm hey..." Shawn stirs, opening his eyes.

"Can't handle afternoon playtime anymore old man?" she smirks, leaning down and kissing him softly.

"Mm hush," he smiles. "How was shopping?" he asks sleepily.

"Was good. I found a dress."

"You did? What does it look like?"

"You'll find out later," she smiles. "Go shower. I'll go in after you."