Chapter 54

Arriving at the stadium, Jenna sits down a couple of rows away from the dugout. She takes off her sunglasses, sliding them in her purse and looking out onto the field. She lays her eyes on Shawn, warming up and throwing the ball around with the pitcher. They head into the dugout a few minutes later since they are batting first. Her eyes focus on Shawn, watching him lean against the railing, chewing on what she assumes is sunflower sees and mingling with other players.

"Hey Rhosen!" she bellows, waiting for him to turn around. "You suck!" she grins. Shwan whips around, winking at her and getting back to his conversation.

Throughout the course of the game, it is close. Shawn gets a few RBIs and some clutch throw outs at bases. Jenna makes it her mission to cheer at all times. A tall blonde catches her eye, looking over and seeing Stephanie clicking her heels in Jenna's direction.

"Hey," Jenna greets, sitting up in her chair.

"Hi," she returns the smile. "Do you want to come down closer to the dugout with me?"

"Uh yeah sure," Jenna agrees, getting up and following behind. Seeing the chipped paint on the top of the dugout box, she sees Shawn once again leaning against the railing. Taking a seat where Stephanie instructed, she watches the action unfold in the game. The inning ends, music begins to play, signaling the seventh inning stretch.

"Hey," she smiles, moving to the steps next to the dugout and leaning down a bit toward Shawn.

"You still doing okay?" he asks, leaning up and kissing her cheek.

"Yep. You're playing great. I'm sure they are glad to have you back."

"Yeah," he smiles. "Come here," he nods, holding out his hand to her.

"What?" she looks at him confused.

"Come here," he chuckles, repeating himself--helping her step over the barrier.

"What the hell?" Jenna mumbles, feeling his fingers link with hers.

"I was allowed to show you something for a second," Shawn says, walking out of the dugout and over to the home plate. Jenna is wearing a jersey with his name and number on it.

"Show me what? I've seen home plate before," she shakes her head but with a smile. When she pivots on her foot, she sees Shawn down on one knee, a box in hand. She catches her breath when she lays her eyes on the vintage engagement ring. "What are you doing?" she laughs a little.

Shawn begins to talk. "Jenna, I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life falling in love with you more and more every day. You make me laugh till my ribs hurt. I love seeing you with Cora, and I'm glad you came back in my life and you know it's all about the one who calms your storm. Will you continue to rock that jersey like you do and be my biggest fan for the rest of our lives?"

"Get up," she says softly, helping him up and hugging him tightly. She feels his arms around her and bringing her into an embrace. "You know I will you dork," she whispers into his ear, kissing his cheek.

"Can I put this on your finger?" he asks, showing her the breathtaking ring once more.

"It's beautiful Shawn," she sighs as he slides it on her finger effortlessly.

"She said yes!" the announcer shouts over the microphone.

"Oh my god," Jenna hides her face in his neck, hating to the center of attention. Shawn leads her back to the dugout and out of sight for at least the time being. After giving Shawn one final peck on the lips, she makes her way down the tunnel towards the locker room with a security guard, watching the rest of the game in there. The Blue Jays pulled away with a 6-2 win, Shawn having two homers, four thrown out bases and three RBIs.