Freshman Orientation (Part One)

Being Student Council President at this school is only roughly as hard as getting 100 butterflies to fly in a straight line.

At least, that's how I felt trying to organize everything for orientation before the freshmen arrived, at the hour of Way Too Early AM, on a day when everyone here, by all rights, had one more day of summer to enjoy.

"Sunny? Have you got those lists organized?" I called, searching the hubub for my friend. 

"Yep!" A tiny, green-eyed blonde dressed in yellow hurried toward me with bouncing steps. I felt a rush of affection for the girl I'd known since kindergarten. "Groups of seven, like Principal Washington said!" 

"Perfect. Can you get those distributed?"

"Sure thing!" 

"Glory! We're here!" As Sunny hurried off, a trio of girls ran into the gym, dressed in pink, blue, and yellow respectively— the Schuyler sisters. "Sorry we're late! Peggy overslept."

"Angelica!" Peggy exclaimed indignantly.

"It's okay. You're here now, that's what matters. Now,"

Before I could get another word out, an exited squeal rang across the gym. "Ohmygosh, Eliza!" cheered a small, raven-haired girl, bouncing toward us. Eliza's face lit up.

"Ohmygosh, Christine! I haven't seen you all summer!" The two friends hugged, chattering ecstatically about the happenings of the summer and their expectations for this year's drama club.

"Okay," I said, "that's gotta be one of the purest things I've ever seen."

"I know," said Angelica.

"Hey, Glory!" called a voice. I turned to see Jason Grace, a junior this year, holding a large box. "Where do I put these planners?"

"Take 'em to Fatespeaker," I called back. "She and Starflight can handle distributing them."

"Sure thing!" 

I brushed a strand of turquoise hair out of my eye, surveying everything. It was finally coming together.

"You're doing very well, my child." I won't deny that I jumped about six inches at that. It's amazing how easily a seven-foot-tall goat-woman can sneak up on a girl.

As my heartbeat returned to normal, I turned to face her. "Thank you, Mrs. Dremurr. I guess you'd know?" 

Toriel laughed. "I'll concede that. Is there any way I can be of assistance?"

"Um... I think so. Can you see if Skylor needs help with her presentation about the cheer team?"

"Certainly." As Toriel left, I scanned the gym for anything that needed my attention. It looked like I could take a quick breather, at least, barring any mishaps, until eight. That's when the freshmen would arrive, and the rubber would really meet the road. 

My 100 butterflies were flying straight.

Helloooooooooo, Wattpad! I've been working on this AU for a little over a month now, but I've just now started figuring out the plot that the first few chapters will follow. Let me know in the comments if you think I should label who's POV each chapter is in, or if you could tell. Next, we'll meet a few members of the Ebbot High Freshman Class! See you then!