Chapter 1

Kairi and Twinkie eagerly entered the bustling cafeteria and spotted a rather puzzled Westerner picking at his food on a far table. The boy was built in nature and Caucasian in appearance – rumour had it that he was from Alabama, America.

Twinkie chuckled to himself and rubbed his hands together "This is gone' be interesting."

"Come on, Twink. Do you really have to leech out every new kid around here?" Kairi laughed as they headed over to the table. The boy looked roughly the same age as them and was muscular in appearance.

"Japanese food is like the army." Twinkie said as he sat down next to him "Don't ask, don't tell."

Kairi rolled her eyes and sat on the other side of the boy and began to eat her food. Twinkie tried to sell the boy a laptop and a phone. Overwhelmed and disinterested, he 'politely' declined. He had a thick American accent – almost like a cowboy.

The boy noticed the steering wheel attached to Twinkie's back pack. "You selling that Sparco steering wheel?"

Kairi laughed "Hell no! Twinkie would never give that up." The boy seemed to have forgotten she was there "I'm Kairi. My friend's call me Kai or K."

"Sean." He responded with a head nod before turning back to Twinkie "Look man, I've been looking for that wheel for a while."

"Nah, that's mine right there. Man, I even paid retail for it!" Twinkie exclaimed

"What you drive?"

"My ride?"

"Yeah."

"My ride's one of a kind." Twinkie boasted. Kairi laughed at his remark and shoved another piece of sushi in her mouth. Twinkie's ride was definitely something special.

"Show me." Sean scoffed

"Thought you weren't sticking around? All right." Twinkie nodded.

After school, Twinkie, Kairi and Sean walked down to the garage to go see Twinkie's prized possession. Kairi had gotten to know Sean a little better through small talk and sarcastic jokes. Despite the thick accent that she couldn't understand all that well, Sean seemed to be a pretty decent guy.

When they arrived at the garage, Sean was already impressed by the car that was at the entrance. Little did he know, Twinkie had a Hulk-Mobile fully customised with a green wrap and a fringe in its full Hulk glory.

Finally, it came down and Twinkie was more ecstatic than ever. Sean was inevitably unimpressed as he was used to high-end muscle cars and fancy sports cars. Not light-weight import cars fresh out of Japan – not to mention Twinkie's car looks like something out of a Japanese anime.

"At least let me drive." Sean mumbled as he walked over to the passenger seat.

"I'll meet you there, Twink." Kairi nodded as they high-fived. Her car was in the garage next to Twinkie's. Kairi's car was her pride and joy – a matte black Nissan Skyline R34 topped with chrome rims, white wheel trims and green under glow. She was too young to buy her own, so a generous family friend bought it for her.

Kairi drove down to the underground racing scene and met up with her friends from school. Earl and Reiko started doing diagnostic tests on her car to ensure that everything was in tune. They were crazy about the technicalities!

Kairi wore a hot pink Thrasher  t-shirt with a black tennis skirt, chunky fishnet stockings underneath topped with blingy platform shoes. She wore a collection of studded necklaces and chokers, and had her dark brown hair in adorable space buns. This was standard underground attire and a style Kairi loved to wear.