~Chapter 11~

"... oh no"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn shoved past security guards, fans, strangers, but he couldn't find it within himself to care. He knew that the boys knew something was up, but he didn't want to talk about it. Zayn finished the concert without anymore major mishaps, but the poster lingered in his mind throughout the entire concert.

Zayn didn't go to the dressing room to change, he just immediately left with his phone, wallet, and a pack of cigarettes. He told the taxi his address with no other words shared. Zayn knew he was making a terrible decision, but he couldn't help it.

Zayn sighed as he silenced his phone. He wasn't exactly sure why he had brought it with him. It was quite obvious that he wasn't going to return any of the calls from management he was recieving, but he did consider answering Liam's.

He felt the taxi come to a stop and sighed when he realized that he was stuck in traffic. After weighing his options, Zayn decided to just pay the man and walk.

Subconsiously, Zayn found himself walking towards him and Liam's place. It was right at the edge of downtown behind the last corner shop. It was a small cafe that used to be owned by a sweet old man. Liam and Zayn would play hide and go seek with the guy to humor him. It was the old man's favourite game, and he wanted to make sure that the youth still played it. It broke Zayn's heart when he died, Zayn even went to the funeral. The old man left his cafe with his wife. She was very sweet, but it wasn't the same. Zayn supposed that was why he and Liam stopped going there.

His phone vibrated once again, but this time he decided to answer it. But when he answered it, he was shocked at the sound of the familiar voice.

"Hey baby boy, what are you doing walking all alone out here? There are some very bad people out here. You should really be more careful."

Zayn's hand shook as he glanced around to find the culprit. With no avail, Zayn found himself running up to a complete stranger in an attempt to not walk alone.

"What the fuck do you want? Money? I can give you money, just leave me the hell alone," Zayn demanded whilst trying to mask the fear that was quite evident in his voice. He heard the man on the other side chuckle darkly as if Zayn was completely stupid.

"Oh baby boy, always so clueless. I want you."

Zayn's breath quickened as he realized what was going to happen. He regretted leaving the taxi, he regretted not telling the police the first time, and he most certainly regretted leaving the boys. The man must have noticed because he replied without an answer from Zayn.

"Are you scared? Don't worry, daddy will take care of you," the voice whispered huskily. Zayn felt his heartbeat quicken as he replied almost instantly.

"No the fuck you won't! Leave me the hell alone!" Zayn exclaimed.

"You already are." Zayn looked up as the line went dead. The man he was walking with was now gone, and Zayn had no protection whatsoever.

Zayn frantically dialed Liam's number with tears threatening to spill from his eyes. This could not be happenning again.

"Liam? Please help me the guy - the guy, he's here, he's following me," he cried desperately. Zayn quickend his pace in order to lose the big shadow he saw stalking behind himself.

"Where are you baby?" Liam replied not questioning what was going on at the moment. Zayn heard rustling on the other end so he assumed Liam was getting in his car.

"I'm a-at our place, Liam. I'm supposed to be safe," Zayn whispered as he felt more tears fill his eyes.

"You're going to be okay, I just need you to calm down, listen to me, and do not say a word. I don't want him to hear you," Liam paused and then continued knowing that Zayn was nodding on the other end.

"Remember the nice man who used to own the cafe? I'm going to need you to play hide and seek for him one last time, do you think you can do that for me bub?" Zayn nodded again ignoring the fact that Liam was speaking to him as a child. It actually made him more determined to find the best hiding spot.

"Good. I'm going to hang up now so that he cannot hear me. I'm almost there, I love you so much."

Zayn wanted to tell him to stay on the phone, but he knew that it would give him away, so instead he turned off his phone and began searching for a hiding place.

Zayn crawled down the old man's cellar behind the dumpster. It was generally pretty large, so Zayn had no problem finding a hiding spot. He climbed onto one of the shelves loaded with coffee beans and hid behind them. It was so silent that Zayn was almost certain that he had lost the man, until he heard footsteps approaching.

'Please be Liam, Please be Liam' Zayn chanted in his head, but his hopes were crushed when he heard the man speak.

"Come out come out wherever you are...you know you enjoyed it when I pounded into you."

Zayn tried to keep his breath from quickening, but he wasn't really sure if he was able to, so instead Zayn squeezed his eyes shut. Before, Zayn always thought the people in the movies were stupid for doing this, but now he was silently apologizing to all of the the fictional characters.

He heard the cellar door open up, and by then he couldn't prevent the tears from rushing down his face, but that wasn't the only thing he heard. He heard sirens.

"Fuck," he heard the man say followed by him closing the cellar door.

Zayn could hear a lot of commotion from shouts to gunshots while he just sat frozen and scared. The cellar door opened up again, but this time it was the sweet and soothing voice of his boyfriend.

"Zee? Can you let us know where you are bub? These guys are here to help," Liam's voice rang through Zayn's ears.

Zayn pushed a bag of coffee beans onto the floor which made a large 'thud'. Moments later, Liam came into Zayn's sight with a relieved smile on his face. Zayn immediately reached out to him, and couldn't even find it within himself to care that Liam was carrying him.

"Good job babe! You did so great!" Liam praised honestly just so happy that Zayn was okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the long wait, but I hoped you enjoyed. Also, 1.2k reads?! You guys are amazing!