21

I slid the club room door open coming face to face with Yuri. I blushed and looked up at her through my lashes. She glared down at me with a frown, my heart sank. I wasn't prepared to come face to face with her now, I couldn't stand her giving my a disappointed look let alone hating me. I calmed down enough to let out a groan before slipping past her to my desk. I glanced over my shoulder to find her unharmed by my actions. Now that hurt. In the old world, even if we weren't close, she was still effected by my attitude. 

My chest felt tight my eyes filling with tears. I refused to let them fall and took in the rest of the room. Everything was the same as last time, aside from the fact that Sayori wasn't rushing up to me with that silly grin. I hadn't really noticed how much I liked her company until she wasn't there. I pulled out a seat and tried to relax I pulled out my notebook and begin scribbling down words that came into my mind. 

Monkeys can climb , Crickets can leap, Horses can race, Owls can seek, Cheetahs can run, Eagles can fly, People can try, But that's about it.

As I wrote the last words, Monika came bursting through the door. I dropped my pen standing quickly from my seat. "Good Morning everyone, I brought a new member!" She beamed. I felt the fear rush through my veins seeing the brown hair boy behind her. "T-That's not set in stone." He called after her. I didn't have to fake my frown as walked over towards them.  Monika gave me a smile her eyes sending warnings at me. I summoned all my strength and crossed my arms looking away from him. "Really Monika? You brought a boy?" She giggled lightly hitting my shoulder lightly. "Yeah, about that. I meet him last year and well he didn't have a club so..." I waved her off with my hand. "Its fine, do whatever. Its not like I care." 

I turned away from them and headed into the closet. I heard Yuri talking to Myke, they laughed and the sound almost broke me. She was gonna fall for him, wasn't she. "If she does then we're gonna have a problem." I jumped at Monikas voice spinning around to face her. "That's why I have you here to stop that." I watched her with confusion and fear. How was I supposed to stop it? Yuri and I weren't together anymore. I looked down at my feet. "What am I supposed to do?"

"You are going to pretend to like him so that he starts to like you. Then when Yuri doesn't have anymore hope ill stop the game and take Myke so that you're left with Yuri." She explained casually. I cant believe she would do that. She glanced at me from the side. "Yo better get to it, Yuri's out there right now talking to him." I stepped forward but she lifted her hand to stop me. "And by the way, If you do this, Ill give Yuri back her memories." She gave me a devilish smile. "Your welcome." 

She would do that? She was going to give her back her memories. I was frozen my own two feet refused to move forward as she turned away from me and exited the closet leaving me alone. She was good at making deals, but every part of me was warning me. She probably had some altered motives, something that she just wasn't saying. I didn't want to think about it anymore. All I have to do is get him to like me.... I took a deep breath and put on a fake smile and exiting the closet. Yuri was sitting at her desk, looking elegant and cool like always. I watched her a bit from a far and sigh lightly. I turned to Myke, who as of now, was speaking with Monika. She was beaming like a mad man. I ignored them and went to my seat. 

The rest of the club was Monika explaining things to Myke and Yuri sitting in the back of the room with her book. Every once i awhile I caught Myke stealing glances at her and it made me furious. I packed up my bag and walked casually to the door. "H-hey, wait..." I stopped and spun on my heels facing Myke with a big frown. "Yes? Do you need something?" He blushed and I cringed. I can't believe I have to do this. "I wanted to ask you something about-" His lips moved slightly but no sound came out. My eyes widened. 'Sayori' He was asking about Sayori. 

I tried not to seem fazed. I crossed my arms and gave him my most convincing curious expression. "What? No one here is named that." I shook my head and placed a hand on his shoulder looking deep into his eyes. "I think you need some rest." This is bad! Why does he still remember her? I let my hand fall and frowned turning away and pulling open the door. If he remembered Sayori then, maybe....I sighed once more and walked down the hall in silence. No, Just because he remembered doesn't mean Yuri does.