Prolouge

Izuku knew he could never catch a break

Izuku knew he could never catch a break. All Might's warmth comforted him only a little. Blood was stained on his blue and yellow hero costume while cradling Izuku, who's eyes were trying to keep open.

  Ambulances were all around them, flashing blue and red lights enough to blind the students and pro-hero's vision. For Izuku, every ounce of his body was aching.

  "Just a little longer my boy, I get you're tired. Just...just hold on a little longer." All Might begged him, his voice cracking in every direction. Izuku looked up at him, but his vision was so fuzzy to him "A...All...Mi...ght" he choked out before coughing blood that dripped down his chin "D-Did I...become...the hero...you wanted?"

Izuku's eyes landed on his friend, Ochako Uraraka, the girl who believed in him. "Can someone like me..." Izuku's vision became more fuzzier "Become...a hero?"

  All Might's face darkened and he gently placed Izuku's head onto his chest. Izuku felt the comfort he was longing for as he rested himself onto All Might.

A stretcher then rolled in, as All Might gently placed Izuku on it. The doctors rolled the stretcher back to the ambulance truck while Izuku felt the soft cussion.

Before the ambulance doors closed, he spotted Ochako who's shoulders were shaking and tears dropping down to her chin. She lowered her head as Iida hugged her from behind.

Izuku didn't realize he was crying.

*

  The beeping of a heart monitor caused Izuku to open his eyes...more specifically, eye. His left eye couldn't open for some reason, as hard as he tried. The room was dark, and it scared Izuku, the heart monitor went up a bit.

Izuku put a shaky hand up and reached for the pole of the hospital bed. As much as it hurt, he pulled himself up and ignored the sharp pain in his ribs. Still, Izuku didn't feel as cold as he used to-because someone was holding his hand.

Looking down, he saw Uraraka who's hair was all over the place. She laid her head on the blanket and her left hand was acting as a pillow for her while her right hand grasped onto Midoriya's with her pinky sticking out.

Izuku didn't like the dark circles around her eyes, but her touch...it made the heart monitor go down. Izuku then felt his head pounding as the hand Ochako was holding was snatched away from her grip.

  Uraraka's eyes shot in an instant, as Midoriya placed a hand on his forehead. "Deku.." she whispered as a small tear landed on her balled fist.

  Trying to be gentle as possible, she climbed onto the bed and pulled Izuku into a hug. He missed the scent of her soft peach perfume that Yaoyorozu gave her.