CHAPTER II-The dream and the nightmare

Chapter 2

  Lights dim. It is finally happening. I hold on to the barrier with my dear life.

  The show starts at 8 but I came here at 3.My legs are shaking with anticipation, my adrenaline gives me all the strength I need. Every girl around me pushes and nudges me, screaming incessantly. The clothes off my back are thin enough to feel the person at my back trying to steal my spot.I'm so glad I came here early because I wouldn't be able to see through the crowd with my height.

  Everybody is just waiting for them to arrive. The anticipation in the air is just unbearable.

  I'm so glad I'm wearing sneakers. Any slippers or open toe shoes would have killed me. Why would girls wear daggers to concerts?

  Oh well, it is their choice. But still, it is impractical and painful.

  The opening music song blares and the boys silouhettes appear on stage.

  My heart loses its rhythm. They are finally here.

  The crowd behind can't contain itself. The boys are greeted with wild screams that would blow up decibels and split eardrums. The girls around me are taking photos and recording videos of them although it is so dark in the streets.

  Yes, we're in the middle of the streets. If it was a closed space I would have died. Miles and miles behind me are screaming fans that are starting to bawl.

  One by one, spotlights shine on the members.

  "Hello New York City, I'm Corbyn,"Girls' screams nearly drown his voice.

  "I'm Jack," A group of fans screams for his attention.

  "You guys already know I'm Zach,"The crowd laughed and screamed.

  "What up, it's Jonah,"He gives a wink and I swear a girl faints immediately.

  "Daniel here,"I look up at him, he's there. Just an arm's reach away.

  Surreal.

  "And we're why don't we!"

  "Let's get this party started, shall we?"Jonah says as the members walk slowly to the back of the stage.

  One song by one song, I see my dream coming to life.

  They are the superstars tonight for us limelights. And I am just a fraction of fraction of the crowds that have their endless support them.

  But this is so worth the hype they bring.

  I never liked the screaming at concerts. Watching fans in videos screaming was painful to hear.I always thought that if you're going to a concert, you paid to see them sing, not sing along with them.

  But tonight, I could have some fun. I bopped to the music, sang along with the crowd that knew every word to their every song and mashup and screamed occasionally. I slowly felt comfortable in the crowd that did not stop screaming. Clapping to the outro of a song, I see Daniel raising his mic to his mouth.

  "The songs we are singing now are for the ones out there since day one."Screams drown out Daniel's soft voice.

  Taking you.

  I came down from my high to enjoy this song.

  I can sing every line in this song but I don't. Cause this song is their tribute to us limelights. And I wanna try and hear their voice once.

  "I need you in my life limelight,"the crowd start singing the anthemn and I listen to all the madness around me. The girls singing off tune remind why I never sang at concerts on the top of my lungs.