The Park

Chapter 18

Tess's POV:

I walked up to the Seafood Cafe and placed my order. As I waited, I texted Darcie, she was already at the park with Will, Jai and her Jai's cousins. The food appeared at the counter, I payed and left the Cafe.

Will's POV:

As I sat at the table and flirted with Jai's cousin Caitlin I think? I found out that Jai didnt have a dad. I dont know what I would do without my dad. Hes awesome. I was just about to grab Caitlins hand until Tess came up with a huge bag of food. She sat it on the table, ripped open the paper with the food in it and grabbed a few chips. I grabbed a scallop and some chips and quickly ate. I was enjoying myself so far.

Jai's POV:

There was laughter at our table and for a while, we just talked about the upcoming Summer Holidays and what we planned on doing. That was until, Will opened his big mouth.

J~ So, Will, what kind of games do you play on your laptop?

W~ Oh, I dont usually play games on it, Im mostly out with my DAD. *he smirks*

J~ Oh okay, that must be nice.

W~ Yeah, I heard you dont have one?

J~ Yeah, my mum and dad got divorced when I was two so I dont see him anymore.

W~ Oh that must suck! *he tries to hold a laugh in*

J~ Uh no it doesnt actually, my mum is pretty awesome.

W~ *bursts out laughing*

J~ Umm whats so funny?

W~ Your mum! Youve got to be joking!

J~ Thats it smart ass!

I jumped off the seat, flew in the air and tackled Will to the ground. He coughed a bit and then he jumped on me roughly. He threw a punch, I dodged. He threw another, got me right in the jaw. I grumbled as I flipped him to his side and kneed him in the stomach. He moaned in pain. Still holding his stomach, he grabbed my leg, pulled me towards a large rock nearby and flicked my head towards it. My head loudly hit the rock and I went blank.

Tess's POV:

Darcie and I stood behind them and screamed the whole time, I tried to grab one of them but nearly got my arm torn off. As soon as Jai's head hit the rock, I yelled out his name and rushed over.

Will tumbled to the ground as I pushed him over to get to Jai. Darcie ran away from the whole situation. Will rolled away and slowly got up and ran away. As I looked around, all I could see were two trembling cousins sitting next to a tree. They quickly ran over and helped me pick up Jai. The whole way to the hospital, I kept yelling out Jai's name.

Jai? Can you hear me? Squeeze my hand if you can hear me!

When we got there, he was lifted onto a trolley and taken away from sight, I decided to call his mum.

T~ Hello Mrs Waetford, I need to tell you something.

JM~ Hello dear, is this Tess?

T~ Jai has been hurt, you need to come to the hospital immediately!

She hung up without saying anything. In about 5 minutes, Jai's mum appeared at the door, talked to me quickly and ran towards Jai's room.

1 WEEK LATER

Jai's POV:

I opened my eyes to see a beautiful girl in front of me, holding my hand.