Chapter {2}

"How do I look?" Baylee asks her sister. She was standing in front of a long mirror in Clarissa's bedroom. The dress she was wearing was strapless, shiny black, slinky, and tight. It left almost nothing for the imagination. Her legs were her best feature, and she knew it. Sexy and athletic and she accentuates them with some red six-inch heels so it would pop.

She continues to check herself out while waiting for a reply from her sister. She already knew automatically that she had zoned out again. "Are you thinking about that asshole again?"

"Huh?" Clarissa hears something.

Baylee puts her hands on her hip. "How do I look?"

"Good."

She drops her hands and joins her sister on the foot of the bed. "Why don't you come out tonight."

"I'm not in the mood."

"How is that going to change? Come on make an effort to drag yourself out of hell. Lola invited you too."

Tonight was Lola's bachelorette party. Baylee was dreading it, but hey, an excuse to drink.

"I'd spoil the fun."

"No, you wouldn't."

"He said he fell out of love with me Baylee," Clarissa confesses. Her expression didn't change, she was still staring off. "He said, he lied about being with Regina."

"What?" Baylee's eyes widened...

"I told him I wanted to start over... and instead of a hug and happiness he told me how he fell out of love with me."

"What a loser..."

"He's not a loser." she lets out a breath.

"So you're sticking up for him now? He doesn't deserve it."

"I wasn't the best wife to him."

"I don't care what kind of wife you were to him. He made a commitment to you and his four children."

"You think that's what mom said to dad?"

Baylee gasps subtly. She didn't realize what she was saying. "Then he did you a favor. If he could fall out of love with you then he is a moron. There isn't a dumber guy in existence."

Clarissa doesn't reply, she goes back into her fantasy world.

Baylee rolls her eyes. "I'm not going to let you sulk anymore, you're going." She pulls her up and forces her into the shower.
She couldn't leave her feeling so blue and lonely. What could it hurt to get her out for a while, and maybe a little tipsy, in fact, she needed it.
Besides that, when it came to anything concerning Lola and Conner, she was going to need someone with her. Somehow, she gained feelings for her best friend's fiancé and didn't know how to turn them off.

Clarissa wears a pair of dark skinny jeans and a cream long sleeve blouse that had real silver in the collar and cuffs. Her hair she rolled up into a tight bun and added white heels. It was her sister that picked the outfit out, probably all things gifted. She didn't really think about it, she was moving in autopilot.