《NINE》

_______________________________________

"I'm not sure what scares me more, that you'll never start loving me, or that I'll never stop loving you."
_______________________________________

"Appa.. hurry up... we have to finish this before eomma comes homeee..." Jae hee squealed passing colours and brushes to her father.

They sat in the living room surrounded with colourful paints, papers and brushes, Jungkook filling the canvas with colours and Jae hee acting like his assistant. Nayoung was quietly enjoying the rare scene of Jungkook painting with Jae hee while preparing dinner. It's about time for Taehyung to come home and join his family for dinner.

"Appaaa... are you listening to me..." asked Jae hee squishing Jungkook's cheeks with her coloured hands to bring him out of his painter mood which left Jungkook with purple cheeks and Jae hee giggling.

"Yes sweetheart I am... but I think we should wait for your eomma... he can help us... " replied Jungkook brushing Jae hee's nose pink.

"No... you have to complete this now... I want to gift this to eomma..." Jae hee said being stubborn.

"If Jae hee give this to eomma then what about me... appa gets no gift... it's unfair..." pouted Jungkook showing his distaste.

"Eomma should be given manyyy gifts, because he takes Jae hee to meet small children and shopping, Jae hee loves new clothes...." Jae hee said proudly taking Taehyung's side.

"Small children.. where.." asked Jungkook surprised. He thought Jae hee would simply say that she loves her mother more which she does, but she's talking about some children of which he's not aware. What does Taehyung getting his daughter into.

"Whenever we go to see halmeoni, eomma takes Jae hee to orphanage... eomma said Jae hee is very lucky to have both eomma and appa... but there are small babies who don't have eomma, appa like Jae hee... so Jae hee should be thankful and share happiness with orphanage children.. Jae hee gave them lots of gifts.. made them smile and they made Jae hee soooo happyy..." Jae hee replied with a wide smile, Jungkook patted her brown locks and continued to work on his canvas.

Her wide smile, bright eyes, soft hairs, sun kissed skin, everything reminds Jungkook of Taehyung, the one who is gentle, caring to his daughter, the one who taught all good things to Jae hee, made her a kind hearted innocent child. It makes Jungkook doubt all the things he thought about Taehyung, did Taehyung really deserved his resentment.

The Taehyung he sees with Jae hee is not that selfish and greedy Taehyung who trapped him with a lie. This Taehyung teaches his daughter to be honest, to be selfless and make others happy. How can they be same, does he have some kind of personality disorder or being a mother changed him. Yes, it must be Jae hee who changed him, it's after Jae hee's birth Taehyung stopped reaching for him and proving himself innocent.

"Appaa..." Jae hee called out as Jungkook didn't responded to her rambling about gifts and new clothes.

"Yess princess, I'm listening...." rejoined Jungkook coming out of his memory lane. "See... It's complete, ready to be gifted..."

"Wahhh... it's soo prettyyy... eomma loves this kinds of paintings...." said Jae hee pointing at the painting which had maple leaves falling down into the river. Taehyung has the habit of collecting nature paintings and unfortunately Jungkook loves to portray nature on his canvas which he had passed on to his daughter and it irritates Taehyung to see Jae hee bathed in colours which are not healthy for her. Jungkook smirked thinking about Taehyung's reaction to their colourful mess, he's looking forward to it.