Chapter One

Nightmare led Gradient to a car. He opened a door, and gestured for Gradient to enter. Gradient glanced at Nightmare.
"Kid I don't got all day. You want this, or you want to go back to your family?" He said. Gradient thought. It's not like they would care anyways, so what was holding him back? Sighing Gradient entered the car. Nightmare shut the door and got in the front. He drove for a good thirty minutes before they pulled into a driveway. Both got out and Nightmare knocked on the front door of the house. A cloaked skeleton opened the door.
"Another? I don't think we have enough space..." The skeleton said.
"Reaper, this one is different. I'll tell you later. Come on Kid." Nightmare walked inside. Gradient hesitated but followed. Three kids were in the front room.
--Gradient's POV--
"Kids, this is Gradient." Nightmare called. He rushed over. The kid looked about my age, 16. Another about 14, the last 15.
"I'm Bluescreen!" The one my age said. Optimist...? Hard to read.
"Fresh, nice to meet ya broski!" The 14-year old said.
"G-goth." The 15-year old mumbled. Shy, trust issues is my guess.
"I'm Reaper. There are a few more people, but they're out. Bluescreen. Can ya show him where he'll be staying?" Reaper asked, placing a hand on Goth's shoulder. Bluescreen smiled.
"Sure! Come on Gradient, I'm positive you'll love it here!" Bluescreen reached for my hand but I stuffed it into my pocket. Not one of those touchy-feelsy people. He glanced at me but walked down the hallway. I followed close behind.
"This is Mr. Reaper and Mr. Geno's room...that's Goth's...Mr. Nightmare's room is here, and Incubux is right next to him. This is yours and mine!" Bluescreen chirped as we reached the middle of the hall. I stared at him.
"We're sharing a room?" I repeated. He nodded. I frowned. Bluescreen opened the door.
"We weren't expecting someone so soon, so I couldn't prepare. I'm sorry." Bluescreen apologized. I sighed.
"It's fine I guess." I mumbled. Bluescreen sat on the edge of his bed.
"What was your family like?" He questioned. I stiffened. Bluescreen seemed to understand.
"I didn't know my other parent, but my dad was nice. He and my brothers were so kind, but we were starving. I left so they could have a better life even though it would make mine worse. Mr. Reaper found me in the park and brought me here! That was 10 years ago." Bluescreen told me. I sat next to him on the bed.
"Goth's parents are Mr. Reaper and Mr. Geno. Both are really nice, but can be a little angry sometimes. But otherwise he's just really shy. Incubux is Mr. Nightmare's child. We think he's adopted, but no one knows for sure." He continued.
"I ran away. My brother was the golden child, and I wasn't appriciated much. Nightmare found me near my house and offered me a new life." I said. 'Why was I being so open? Was it because this weird kid made me feel safe and comfortable? Wait---what.' My thoughts were interrupted by Bluescreen hugging me. I glitched intensely. Bluescreen let go.
"Oh, I'm sorry! Do you not like being touched?" He asked worriedly. I shook my head no.
"Ok...anyways, let's set up your stuff! Come on, Gradient!"
(Two days later)
--Error's POV--
I hung up the missing poster on the bulletin. It had a picture of Gradient; he hadn't come back after leaving a day or two ago. His poster hung next to that of a 6-year old. The kid, Bluescreen, ha been missing for 10 years. Ink was crying and speaking to Blueberry.
"I don't know what to do, Blue." Ink cried.
"I know. It was really hard after losing Bluescreen; Blueprint and Sprinkle were devastated. But all you can do is hope and push through." Blueberry comforted him. I glanced at Blueprint, who was staring at the poster of Bluescreen in longing. Sprinkle was just staring at the ground. Poor kids...I hope PaperJam gets to see his brother soon. He would never be the same after losing Gradient.
"Error!" Ink's yell snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Uh-yeah?" I asked.
"I asked you what we should do." Ink lowered is voice. I nuzzled him.
"Blue's right. All we can do is hope. Since Blue became part of the officers with you, I'm sure we'll find him." I said. A year after losing Bluescreen Blueberry joined Ink's team of officers in hopes of finding his son. Dream had been of some help, having been looking for his lost twin brother for some 20 years now.
'What is it with this town and missing people...'