Ch.9 Moment of Freedom

-Toby pov

The chocolate and the things I got for y/n's room seemed to satisfy her. She had her lamp on her dresser, the sheets on her bed, her books on a shelf, and the poster on the wall. She made the room her own. But I think what she wants the most is to go outside. I know Slenderman doesn't like her but it's worth a try. I put my words together as I made my way towards his office. I walked inside to find him at his desk like always. He looked up and told me to take a seat. I hesitantly sat down and waited. 

"I heard you on your way here. Let me ask you this: how do you know that she won't try to kill you or escape?" He stated. I knew that he had a point. 

"She c-can't st-stay in here d-ay and night forever. It's n-not exactly fair to k-keep y/n in here while the r-es-t of us are free to go out." I replied. Slenderman was quiet for a while. 

"Two people need to be with her in case she tries anything. No going out at night." He answered. I managed to keep a straight face. I nodded my head and made my way to Masky's room. 

"Toby I'm a little busy right now." He said through his door. 

"I ne-need you to come out w-with y/n and I." I simply stated. Masky was quiet for a bit as he walked up to his door and opened it. 

"Slenderman is letting her go out now?" He asked in shock. I nodded my head and Masky shrugged. 

"Alright." He said before we made our way to talk to y/n. We were soon joined by Hoodie as we made our way down the steps. Y/n took a deep blank breath as she stepped outside. I was confused. I thought that she would show some kind of emotion. She looked at the three of us standing in front of her. 

"I don't show much feeling. I only express a little when I'm afraid. It only lasts about five seconds. After I feel a little bit of fear, I can't show any emotion no matter how hard I try. I will go weeks even months without expression." She said as we walked through the woods.

"W-hy c-can't you f-feel anything else? Why just f-fear?" I asked before y/n walked ahead of us. Masky and Hoodie looked at me before I went after her. She must be upset in her mind. I caught up with her. We were quiet for a while.

-Your pov

"I was in therapy after my friends were killed. They wanted me to get my emotions back physically. One of them wanted to start with positive emotions. She would show me funny videos, tell me funny stories, take me places. But the other wanted to do the more negative ones. She wanted fear the most. Scary videos, haunted places. She would often take me to the graveyard where my friends are buried and tell me to remember that night. And the thing I hate most about it was-" I said before Toby interrupted.

"It w-was working. Th-That's why I saw f-fear in y-your eyes for a mo-ment, isn't it." Toby said as he looked at me. I nodded my head before I looked at the ground. The moments with her. Witnessing horrid things. I would cry if I could. I then felt a hand grab mine. I looked up to see Toby's face.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." He stated. I remembered how he acted when he first brought me to the mansion and took me up the stairs.

"Toby. Why are you so happy when you hold my hand." I said. Toby smiled.

"Y/n, I spent my life not feeling anything. I can't feel pain, the grass, water, the trees, nothing. But when you hold my hand, I can feel everything. I was confused at first, but I wanted to experience it again. More than anything. I want to know what the grass is like, the water, the animals, I want to know everything. Y/n, you gave me a sense of feel that I've been denied for years. I will do my best to help you get your feelings back." I wanted to smile from his words. Before I could say another word, I heard something running through the grass in the distance. My curiosity held my other hand and lead me towards the noise. Toby was cautious as he stayed next to me with an axe in his hand. I didn't see anything so Toby and I turned to meet up with Masky and Hoodie. Before I could catch up with Toby, something fell from a tree and pinned my wrists down with one of its hands. The other held a scalpel close to my heart. The thing tilted its head to the side. I examined my attacker. It looked like a boy a little older than me. He had grey skin, brown hair, and had a blue mask over his face crying black liquid from its black eyes. He seemed a little disappointed that I didn't look scared. He then moved his mask up a little to reveal his smile and unnaturally sharp teeth, but I showed no fear on my face. He was getting angry. 

"How are you not afraid! Scream dammit!" He shouted as he grabbed my hair and hit my head against the ground before someone pushed the boy off of me. It was Toby.

-Toby pov

"Jack s-stop!" I yelled as I wrestled with Eyeless Jack. He didn't stop trying to crawl after y/n. Not even when Masky and Hoodie grabbed him. He must be starving. His demonic voice was yelling a little as he watched y/n hide behind a nearby tree.

"Just one bite. I haven't eaten for five days Toby." Jack growled before he got out of Hoodie and Masky's grip. I panicked and started to pull my hatches out to stop him. None of us had to use our weapons because y/n slapped Jack as soon as he reached her. He froze for a moment while holding the side of his face clearly confused.

"Damn." He whispered in pain as he took a few steps back. He was like the cowardly lion when Dorothy smacked him.

"It was just a slap. I didn't even hit you that hard." Y/n stated. We were all shocked. If that hit was effortless, hate to imagine what full power feels like. Y/n sighed before holding out her hand.

"The name's y/n. I have a long story so if you want to know about it then ask them." She said before moving her head towards Masky, Hoodie, and I. Jack hesitantly shook her hand. The four of us walked back to the mansion so that Jack could eat something. After the whole event, y/n and Jack got along pretty well.