Chapter-3 Elias Strangeways

I stared at the muscular image with fearful eyes as the moon light fell upon the dark figure, revealing the perfectly carved body of the man. His raven coloured hair were messy, with a few tangled wavy locks. A cigarette was crushed between his teeth from which a puff of smoke was rising up hiding half of his face behind the silvery mist. On his body, a fitting black shirt was hanging open, revealing his muscular chest and abs. Its corners and pockets were embroided with bright red coloured fabric, giving his shirt a stylish look. A great black cardigan loosely hung aroung his neck down to his torso adding to the elegance of his dressing. His eyes were almost emotionless, with no sign of life in them as they stared warily into mines. Under them, light purplish colour could be seen indicating his lack of sleep. It is said, that the eyes are the windows of the soul, and this man proved that right.

"I-" I swallowed not wanting to reveal my frightned self," Who are you?"

His lips curved into a vicious smile and he said," Questioning the identity of a captain on his own vessel? Quite a girl you are."

I gulped down my fear and said,"So you are the one who got me abducted?"

"No, not directly atleast. As a captain I just gave them the order to find a skilled navigator, no matter how."

"And you think that any person would succumb to your mates asking them to join your crew? Then you are wrong."

"And yet, here you are."

"And what if I don't want to join you?" I said, anger lacing my voice.

"It's not a choice, it's a command love."

His voice was so demanding and so powerful that I couldn't refuse even if I wanted to. Only his voice held me like a puppet he could control with his strings and once again, I found myself as the same person I was.

A captive.

"Right. But atleast tell me about my new crew and the ship."

He nodded and walked up to the wooden grill beside me. He glanced at me for a second and took the cigarette from his mouth with two of his fingers and blew out another puff of smoke.

"This.." he said patting the wooden grill,"..is the ship known as the Posieden's Curse. A beauty she is...have been carrying my crew through the seas for four years now. 102 cannons, a hull strong enough to withstand the ramming of the C45 of the naval ships and the twelth strongest ship that is sailing the sea. There are ships stronger than this of course, not to mention Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge is always the first on the list. But getting on the twelth is also no joke."

My eyes were fixed on the same spot of the sea as him. I never would have dreamed of sailing a ship which was only a little far to compete the legendary ship, Queen Anne's Revenge.

"What about your crew? Tell me about them."

"The man who bought you here, I s'ppose you know his name. Good ol' Brownbeard..thinks of Blackbeard as his hero. No one has overpowered him in terms of strength here. His power competes to that of a giant."

I shrugged and nodded. He was exactly as strong as I predicted he would be.

"And what about Marco?" I asked. I was eager to know about him because he was the only one who seemed rational and normal to me.

"Oh, the blondie you mean. Extremely smart tactician and is powerful in combat, not as strong as Brownbeard though. Marco here is the commander of the ship and I dare not make a move in times of hardship without his advice. A truly delightful fellow he is. Not a man has ever survived against his plotted plan." He said, his voice dipped in triumph. It seemed as he was really fond of this Marco fellow.

"What about the musicians and the old man who was singing?"

" Mr. Gibberling Scott, Gibbs for short, he is the quartermaster. Ensures the stocks and maintainance of my ship and handle her when I am gone. Singing has always been his passion , so I don't stop him. The three musicians, Sebastian, Jack and Mark would never fail to charm you with their music. Ahh.. I don't even know how many girls have been in their beds till now. Ahahaha...A strange crew I have."

He was once again silent with his eyes plastered on the sea. The one thing I noticed was that his eyes weren't emotionless as before while he talked about his crew. They were burning, burning bright with proudness, passion and amusement. Something about his very aura reflected that he was strong but soft at heart. He cared for his crew as a family, and sailed the sea as his home. But the question was, will I be able to make myself home in this group of pirates and win the respect of the captain?

"How old are you?" I blurted out out of nowhere. It was only when a second passed by when I realised that I shouldn't really have asked that question. It seemed truly rude.

"A curious one aren't you? You guess."

I put a finger on my chin and turned to him, examining him from head to toe.

"Uhh..30?" I guessed.

He let out a hearty laugh and said," Darling, I am only 21."

I gasped and looked at him with a shocked expression. Either he broke mountains everyday or took drugs to make his muscles pop out like that at 21.

"Impossible!"

"Not entirely."

"I can't imagine anyone being the captain of the twelfth strongest ship at the age of 21."

"Nor can I imagine such a simple minded innocent girl working with my crew. But here we are.."

"Whatever. You said this ship has been carrying your crew for four years now. You can't be a captain from 18 years of age!"

"No, I wasn't the captain then. But I overtook the previous captain when I was 20, just one year ago."

At this point, nothing seemed impossible for this man to accomplish.

"You amuse me." I said huffing.

"So do you. Tell me love, what's your name?"

"Oh, asked a little early didn't ya? I am Christina by the way. It wasn't nice at all to meet you."

The captain smirked and ran his hand through his silky hair. He threw away his cigarette in the sea and said,"Surname?"

Why was he even interested in that? Oh right, I am his crew member now.

"I don't have one."

"What kind of people don't have surnames?"

"Orphans."

For a second, his face depicted a mixture of amusement and pity, and his gaze was locked with mine for a few seconds. When niether of us said anything, I tore my gaze off and said,"Do you know you really need some sleep? "

His lips curled into a curve and he said,"My dream will never let me sleep."

"Your eyes are literally drooping all the way. Go and sleep."

"And I thought I was the captain here."

"As your crew member, I have every right to worry about my captain. Geez, just sleep. Those dark circles are really looking terrible on you." I lied. In reality, it made him look hotter than he already was.

"Fine..Fine..Good night my darling. Have sweet dreams" He said winking at me.

"Good night. I hope this all is just a terrible nightmare."

He smirked and turned his back and started walking when I abruptly stopped him.

"Wait! What's your name? "

"Elias Strangeways."

With this he disappeared into the darkness, leaving me alone with a storm of thoughts in my mind.