Chapter- 5 Secrets

"Wake up kitten! I am getting so bored~"

As soon as I heard the soft voice, I flickered my eyes open gradually. I felt two strong arms wrapped around my waist as my head was laying on a chest that was moving rhythmically with my breathes. Confused, I tried to straighten myself up only to be pulled back into the lap of the unknown man.

"Not so fast kitten. You need rest." The voice said and giggled.

I looked behind me and  immideately, my nose made contact with the nose of the male who was holding me. His blonde wavy hair were messy, and his sharp features flaunted his slim face. A mischievous smile tugged on his lips with a glint of excitement inside his eyes, making me a little tense.

"Er..Who are you..? I asked, backing away a little to create some space between our faces.

"Hey~ You really don't remember captain throwing you towards me and then, I have carried you all the way up to my room and made sure you get sleep?"

My mouth opened slightly as the memories gushed inside my brain like a flood. The blood, shouts, knife, and how Elia- captain saved me, it was all replayed in my brain just as a horrible nightmare.

It was really disturbing.

"I..uh..Thanks, I guess, but I don't know you."

The blonde sighed and said, "Okay let's do this then. I am Luke Fernandes, and I am your fellow crew member miss navigator."

"Oh. You look like Marco." I blurted out. His blonde hair, body structure and eyes highly matched Marco's and I was astonished as to how similar they both looked.

"Oh you met him? He's my brother. Only we two match and my third brother is the black sheep among us I guess." He said chuckling but something about his statement caught my attention.

"Third brother? You and Marco, whose the third one?"

Luke's expression immideately shifted to a dark one. His hands stiffened around my waist as he took a deep breathe and pulled me close. He bought his mouth to my ear, and whispered,"Ask me no questions, and I will tell you no lies."

"Ahem!"

We both suddenly pulled away and looked behind to find our captain leaning on the wooden frame and staring at our little show. Luke just rolled his eyes in annoyance and said,"Aww captain, you always come at the wrong time! Me and Christina were just starting to have fun."

Elias growled at him and walked towards us. Freeing me from his tight grasp, he sprung me towards him and started walking out of the room. As we reached the door he turned a little and said,"Be careful what you say, Luke."

And then, he shut the door behind him and pulled me along.

"We have dropped anchor at  Havana. You better get ready." Elias said leading me upstairs to the deck.

"And why should I get ready? I am a navigator here right?"

"Ah..but have you done something like navigating lady?"

I stared at my feet, feeling utterly embarassed. I haven't been of any use on his ship till now, and I wondered that why he had not left me to float in the middle of ocean. It was really generous of him to keep me abroad, despite of my uselessness.

"I..I really am useless here. You must have been regretting picking me up." I said with sadness lacing my voice. I waited for his answer, fully expecting that he would agree with me but he just chuckled lightly.

"Ya ladies are so emotional. Listen girl, it doesn't matter if you can't fight like me men. But remember, everyone has their own strengths, and a sly brain can protect a thousand muscle men, and that time shall come when you'll protect our crew and fulfill your duty."

Somewhere in his words of wisdom,  I found the comfort for which I was longing for. A feeling of reassurance washed over me as I cracked a weak smile at Elias, before stepping out on the deck.

~~♥~~

"Listen brats! Me, Marco, Luke and Christina will be going to the town to get us loaded on stalk. Till then, Mr. Gibberlings here will handle the ship and we all shall meet here after one day. Gotcha lads?"

"Aye aye captain!"

We had boarded anchor at Havana, a lively and colourful place surrounded my the waters of Cuba. Music could be heard echoing around the free ocean, and fishermen came into our view at the harbour as we walked down the wooden planks. The place was beautiful, with men in nothing more than trousers and women in colourful gowns. The houses were painted crazy colours like green, red or orange which amused me to great extent, as I have grew up watching the same pale white houses at my hometown. The aroma of meat and fish was being sniffed by Luke who was standing beside me, as Marco gave him a disgusted look.

"You are an animal Luke, you know that?"

"C'mon brother! This smells so good."

Marco rubbed his temples in annoyance and then turned to me.

"Oi Christina! Nice to meet ya again. Excuse my brother he's a major bastard. I don't suppose you are signing for the contract?"

I looked at him with a questioning look at my face.

"What? Oh, capatain didn't tell ya did he? Well, there is another purpose of we being here other than this 'shopping' he told in front of the crew. "

"Eh?"

"Yes. We are here for a assassination contract."

Mostly filler but hey, atleast I updated.