Episode 1 [Part 1] - Roads

My earbuds silenced the racket that was in the bus. Bunch of teenagers chattering amongst themselves or yelling loudly for some odd reason. Music blasted in my ears, and I felt like one of my closest friends could hear it as she was taping my shoulder along with the beat of the music. "Y/n. Y/n. Y/nnn." Lyla dragged out my name in hopes of gaining my attention, but to me it just sounded very faint. I continued to ignore her and stare out the window which also held the reflection of my best friend. From looking in the reflection she seemed to give up as she huffed in leaned back into her seat.

'Finally.' I spoke to soon. Lyla practically punched the side of my stomach. I ripped out one side of my earbud as I groaned and held onto the now sore spot. "What?"

"Well for starters I'm bored. Sean isn't talking to me because he's doing... whatever he does on his phone." Lyla reasoned, but I took a glance over her shoulder to look at the row across from us. Sean seemed to be concentrated on his phone, brows furrowing as he hovered his thumbs over his phone.

I leaned back into my seat as I looked my childhood friend in the eye. "He's probably texting Jenn or something." No response came after that, but I didn't necessarily care. Glancing down at my phone to change the song. I locked my phone and glanced up at Lyla to see her squinting at me.

"Why... are you looking at me like that?" I leaned into the seat uncomfortably. I guess it wasn't obvious enough that I was extremely uncomfortable since she decided to just lean closer to inspect me or whatever. From a distance it seems as if she was going to lean in and kiss me. But then again, it also looks like she's not getting the hint that I don't want to kiss her. Not that I'm not into girls or anything. I swing all ways.

"Lyla as much as I love you, I don't love you that much." I pushed her away from me as I declared my non-desired love for her. She devilishly smiled as she placed her elbows on her legs and formed a cup with her hands to rest her head on it. "Oh but I do know who you love." Lyla stated as she winked at the word love. Then she proceeded to gesture her eyes towards the sixteen year old, Mexican boy. "Lyla no we discussed about this already." I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I looked out the window once again.

"Yeah sure. 'I just don't want anything to change between us and ruin our friendship'." The Asian girl mocked me as I turn my attention back towards her, having an offended look on my face. "Okay first off, that's not how I speak. Second off, there's other reasons beside that." Trying to defend myself just resulted in the girl chuckling at me and responding with a "mhhm".

Lyla decided to change the topic and talked about girl drama that usually happens at school. Our topics of interest are usually about this since Sean didn't really care nor paid attention. She grabbed her backpack off the floor of the bus as we were nearing our stop, "So are you going to be able to make it to the party?"

My response was just a hum as I too, gathered my stuff together. "I'm not sure I have to ask my dad."

She groaned and punched my shoulder but with not much force, "You had days before hand to ask him." The bus already started to slow down, but Sean quickly got up and rushed down the aisle of the bus leaving both of us behind. I turned my gaze back to my friend as we both stood from our seats. "Sorry that school is my first priority and not some party." Lyla seemed to not care for my excuse, or she did and understood why, either way she didn't respond.

We both got up from our seats as the doors to the school bus opened, Lyla grabbed my wrist to make sure I wouldn't leave or anything. 'Not like I have anywhere else to go.'

Of course Lyla being the popular girl she is, some other girl stopped her in her tracks to have a small talk. All I really want to do is get home. Anyway, not that the girl was paying attention or anything but me being me I gave her a glare since I just want to get off this damn thing filled with teenage hormones. I groaned and pushed Lyla forward, "C'mon Lyla lets go." Surprisingly the girl complied and bid her farewells.