Episode 1 [Part 2] - Roads

A click of the lock echoed out through the empty house

A click of the lock echoed out through the empty house. I set my bag that was hanging on my shoulder down on the couch that was near the door. Finally getting the chance to look at my home, the kitchen and living room was littered with empty beer bottles and dirty dishes.

"Are you kidding me? I just cleaned yesterday." I mumbled to myself as I picked up as much bottles as I could carry and threw them into the recycling bin in the kitchen. Honestly how can someone make this much of a mess in less than twenty-four hours? Now to cleaning up the dishes.

While picking up the dirty plates and placing them into the sink so I could get ready to clean them, my phone buzzed in my back pocket of my pants. Gently placing the last dish into the sink I pulled out my phone and turned it on to check the notification. On the lock screen it read "Lyla". Geez what did she want now.

"U know he likes u" is what read in the screen when I unlocked and opened my phone. I bit my lip in trying to think of a reply to that. I know that she means Sean. But getting my hopes up is the last thing I need right now. Plus he likes Jenn right? He can't like both Jenn and I. I kept bouncing my leg in anticipation as I finally came up with a reply. I typed on my keyboard and sent the message.

The message was simple and only consisted of one word, "who?" is what I said in reply.

Of course Lyla immediately read it and started to reply back. The three animated dots at the bottom of the screen just made me bounce my leg even more. Along with that, I started to bite my bottom lip, which caused it to turn slightly red from the pressure. A few seconds went by and my phone vibrated showing that a new message was received.

It read, "wow k you're more stupider than I thought. skype me in 5" I rolled my eyes at her message as I didn't respond back to her. I just locked my phone and stuffed it back into my pocket where it usually remains at. "The dishes can wait." I muttered, exiting the kitchen and entering the living room again. I approach the couch where I left my backpack at and pick it up to bring it to my room with me.

When I entered my room I slammed my door shut, following after that I threw my bag onto the bed which resulted in a slight thud noise. I sighed and walked over to my decent size desk where I mainly complete all of my wonderful homework on. Flipping open my MacBook I saw it flashed a low battery sign. Walking over to my bed I went to the nearest plug and unplugged my charger that was abandon there throughout the day.

In just a few steps, I went back over to my desk and plugged the charger in the nearest outlet there was. Finally plugging in the charger to the laptop, I proceed to unlock it by entering my password. When it showed the home screen the first thing I did was open the application Skype.

The moment it finished loading I clicked on Lyla's contact which was in my recent, considering she is one of very little of my friends. I clicked on the video call button, which in an instant she once again quickly answered. "You called?" I half joked as I propped my elbow on the desk and used my hand to support my head.