18: Relationships

"Sooooo, death boy." Will drawled.

"What?"

"You ever been in a relationship?" Will asked.

"...What?"

"You heard me, it's a basic question." Will pushed.

"Why must he be like this..." Nico thought.

"I heard that, Nico. Just answer the question, come on. No shame if you're someone that's been in loads, no shame if you've never been in one."

"That's good, because I've yet to get into a relationship." Nico answered. Will actually looked surprised.

"Wait, really?"

"Yes? You said no shame, Solace." Nico told him pointedly.

"No, no shame man, I'm just surprised." Will replied.

"Surprised? Okay, Casanova, how many relationships have you been in?" Nico questioned.

"Two, a girlfriend a few years back and a boyfriend more recently."

Nico's heart skipped a beat. "Boyfriend?"

"Yeah. I'm bisexual. Well, I guess pansexual would be more accurate, but frankly Bi is easier to explain." Will came out. Nico knew, basically, but the confirmation that Will was not straight was nice.

"Oh. I'm gay." Nico told him bluntly.

"Huh. Well, cool." Will replied, somewhat awkwardly.

"Why did those relationships end?"

"The chick was extremely controlling. And the dude was actually really cool, we just both agreed it was pretty loveless of a relationship and ended it with no beef. Oh, plus the chick was really homophobic and transphobic. Misgendered me from the moment I came out."

"I'd never treat you like that." Nico thought, forgetting yet again that Will now heard his thoughts. Will stared, and smiled, and blushed even though that was hard to see while he was in this form.

"...Good to know." Will muttered. Nico quickly looked away, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I forgot you were completely telepathic now." Nico told him.

"No reason to apologize, it's not as though you were mean, that's uh... Flattering. And stuff."

Yeah, the two wanted to date each other. Wanted to ask each other out, wanted to say more.

But Will couldn't admit he was into the son of death. He didn't know how long he really had to be as a ghost, and on this plain, and everything about his situation was odd.

And Nico wasn't going to say that he was growing fond of this ghost.

So, instead of professing their love, the idiots changed the subject.

"I have sword practice, we should get to that..."