Chapter 2

"LEO LOST!!!" Welp there goes my right ear hearing, having Ace of Club yelling in my right hear wasn't something I wanted to happen while changing out of my gear from the last mission of search and kill. Actually, the two decks, Spade and Clubs, are in the same locker room, but both members in the deck that were women were in a different locker room.

"Yeah, and guess who kicked his lion ass!" I started to ignore the loud mouths in the room and finally stripped myself of my gear. The room hadn't had this much of a loud mouth chatterbox ever since the last Killing Bites, and now it was filled with men that shout over each other just so they could start a conversation. I pulled out a folded pair of clothes and put them on one at the time while ignoring the guys.

Ever since Hitomi had won that fight against Leo, she's been getting unwanted attention by the House of Cards and by other therianthropes. That match against Leo was a test for her to show that she can take down the "undefeated" champion. I could say that Hitomi is stronger than Leo because how she just used her most common attack, slash, to slice through his hide and muscles The test of Hitomi's strength was a successful one and what made it better was that Shidou allowed her to be on her own with someone else watching her, but it was bad for me because that means I won't be able to see her every weekend.

Dressing up in casual clothes I folded up my gear and set them in the locker before locking it. Everyone in this room had their own locker and their own locks to have their privacy, the recruits had to earn theirs if they ever want privacy. I had a lucky chance to earn my own privacy when I was younger than I am now, it cost me some blood and time in the infirmary.

I kept on ignoring everyone in the room and walked out the locker room, I headed in the direction where the lobby was so that I could sit on the couch and watch the news before going back to the barracks. This was usually the normal cycle I had, but on the weekends I get off of duty as a House of Cards member and go visit Hitomi, but now that she's being watched over and having to wait for Shidou to tell her what to do next. Along the way to the lobby, I made a detour and grabbed a bottle of beer that was made in Germany. I only drank once a week because how it helps me have a clear mind, but if I drank anymore then I would end up being drunk and hanging from the ceiling again.

Reaching my destination I noticed how I wasn't the only one in the lobby, in one of the chairs in front of the TV was the maker of therianthropes himself, Shidou. I didn't do anything to show my respect for him other than sitting on the other chair beside him with a bottle of beer in my hand. He gave me the chance to take one swig out of my beer before speaking.

"I saw on the satellite feed that you were there in the junkyard near the end of the fight between Hitomi and Leo, the target was also killed during the feed by your fellow Spade. The mission was successful for sure and the live footage was never edited because how we want to show that if any therianthropes get out of line they would be hunted down and kill immediately without a second thought, even if the way of killing them is inhumane. " He turned to me and looked down at the knife I kept on over my chest. The man smiled before patting my back.

Things like this usually happen between us, he would start a talk about the mission before going to his original self that is like a father Hitomi. I usually just drink and reply to him, but now since she has someone to watch her it's going to be difficult to visit her without causing much of a trouble.

"There are no such things as overkill when it comes to killing, it's been that way ever since man first wielded a weapon. And right now and with the new therianthropes I can say that people who say, "it's overkill" they have to rethink that thought." I said then took a quick sip out of my beer before leaning back and watching the recent fight that was happening during Hitomi's and Leo's fight. It wasn't much interesting to watch other than seeing a hippo and a boar going at it. We had other channels that we could switch to but seeing other therianthropes fight could help tell you how to counter attack the therianthrope itself.