Chapter 1

Rhodes got his own office with two desks, one for him and a smaller decidedly less nice one for Percy.  And yet it was still an upgrade from his other desk, that desk was barely held together with magic.  "So," Rhodes started sitting down at his new desk.  His accent had an odd twang to it.  "Tell me about Gringotts."

Percy straightened himself out, "Well, it's run by goblins."

Rhodes' expression froze, "Goblins?"

Percy pleased by the man's shock continued on with a pompous tone, "Yes they handle all the gold.  They take their job very seriously, as they should." he added.  "The older and richer families' vaults are deeper and guarded by dragons of course."

"Dragons?!  Like actual dragons?"

Percy frowned, "What sort of security do your banks in America have?"

"Spells, trap doors, stuff like that.  No one in their right minds would use dragons." Rhodes said pacing. 

"Well perhaps that's why your banks are robbed so easily." Percy said smugly.  He thought the other man would have scowled but he only laughed.

"Well it seems like The Horsemen are going to have to pull their biggest trick yet."  Rhodes smirked.  "I can't wait to see what they try to pull with this one.  Dragons!" he snorted shaking his head.

    "What about them-The Four Horsemen I mean.  What do you know about them?"

Rhodes turned but another voice rasped, "The Four Horsemen?" Percy whipped around so fast his glasses flew off.  "Well they all went to Ilvermorny, even back then they were exceptional at all sorts of magic."

Percy held up his hands, "Wait you know who they are?"

"Of course," Thaddeus said peering over at the papers on Rhodes' desk.  "Jack Wilder, Henley Reeves, Merrit McKinney, and presumed ringleader Daniel Atlas.  We know who they are, who they were and yet they still manage to disappear every single time."

Percy nodded for a moment assessing the information, "Er hold on a minute, you said 'presumed' ringleader?"

Thaddeus nodded pleased that someone had finally caught that tidbit.  However Rhodes just scoffed, "Thaddeus is convinced there's some sort of make believe fifth horsemen.  Even though there's absolutely NO evidence at all.  At first we followed the 'lead' but it led to dead end after dead end." Rhodes said angrily, "I nearly got my Auror's license revoked for that."  Percy noticed the tension between the two man and gripped his wand in case he needed to cast a quick shield charm.  However as quickly as it had come it fizzled out as Rhodes sank down in his chair.

     Hours later Percy stopped by a pub near his flat for a drink.  He'd never consume actual alcohol of course but the pub made some of the best tea Percy's had since he'd left home.  He ordered his usual and started to stir in some sugar when he felt someone sit down next to him.  It was a curly auburn haired man.  "Are you going to have some tea with your sugar?"

Percy stunned for a moment glanced down at his cup before looking back up at the man.  "What?"

"I said are you going to have some tea with your sugar."

Percy scowled, "What's wrong with my tea?"

The man just raised his eyebrows, "Nothing.......as long as you're okay with having diabetes by thirty."

"And how do you know I'm not thirty now?" Percy said challenging the other boy. 

"I know a lot about you.  Percy Ignatius Weasley, 20 years old, junior secretary to the minister.  Currently estranged from your family, Gryffindor although some have said you would had done well in Slytherin or Ravenclaw."

Percy stiffened, "Who are you?" he asked narrowing his eyes. 

"You can call me Danny."

"Well Danny why do you know so much about me?  Are you-are you stalking me?"

Danny laughed, "Not quite." he leaned forward.  "But you could say I have a special interest in you."  Percy couldn't help the red flush that ran up his neck and ears.  The last time someone had a special interest in him he ended up dating Penelope for almost two years.  But that had ended horribly.   Danny gave a pretentious laugh.  Percy instantly disliked him, Danny reminded Percy too much of.....himself.  He wondered if that's why the twins pranked him so mercilessly, if he was honest with himself he had a small itch to prank the man before him.  To wipe the smug smirk if his face.

Percy shook himself, he was not about to lose composure over some stranger.  "Well Danny what do you want?"

Danny cocked his head leaning on the bar, "I want to know the real reason you're estranged from your family.  It wasn't because of your differing political views.  At least that wasn't the whole reason."

Percy bristled, if this stranger knew so much about him was it possible that he knew-no!  No one knew except Percy, Penelope, and Oliver.  "How ever much you think you know you're wrong!  I'm taking my leave." he got up shakily and stormed out of the bar after throwing down a sickle.   

    Percy was nearing his flat when Thaddeus appeared in front of him.  "Well it looks like one of The Horsemen has taken a shine to you." Thaddeus said in his slow melodic drawl. 

"What do you mean?" Percy asked narrowing his eyes.

"Daniel Atlas." shame washed over Percy, he should have known.  Danny had an American accent-who else could he have been?  Thaddeus frowned, "It's odd, out of all The Horsemen Atlas is the one who likes to keep to himself the most.  So what makes you different Mr. Weasley?"

"I don't know!"

"Perhaps it's the fact that you're so much alike.  Atlas is a narcissist if there ever was one.  And he'll be the reason we catch them, he's too proud to admit he might make a mistake."  Though Percy felt insulted he couldn't deny Thaddeus had a point.  Dann-Atlas did come of as a bit egotistical. 

"So how are you going to do it?"

"Well Mr. Weasley he certaintly seems to like you.  Would you be willing to help set up a little trap?"