Chapter - 2

So . . . Here the next chapter, I hope you guys like it!

Sans gave a grunt as he stumbled out of Grillby's into the night air. He had been in there for what? One, two hours? He didn't care, all he knew was how foggy things looked and how he swayed with every step.

"Stupid Red, making me streesss *hic* and shiiit," slurred Sans as he made his way home. While he could teleport, doing so in his state could be dangerous. With how foggy his head was, who knew where he could land? Usually Grillby would give Red or Papyrus a call to come take him home but Sans begged Grillby not to call anyone. Last thing he needed was Papyrus getting all worried and asking him off what happened.

As for Red-

He thought back on the argument. Hell was Red so damn selfish. All Sans did was try and keep him happy and remind him he was loved and Red repayed him by cutting? He had every right to be upset, every right to yell at Red and scold him. Call him ungrateful, selfish, a stupid fucking liar, breaking his damn promise. He was such an idiot, keeping his mouth shut and stressing himself over what Red felt.

"That oooughta teach *hic* that bastard," Sans slurred as he stumbled again. Stars he was so drunk. Maybe he should've told Grillby calling Papyrus would be fine, seeing as how a simple chat was better than barely keeping his balance. Back then Papyrus always took him home when he stayed at Grillby's late, even if it was rare. But that was before Red came into his life, before he was in a relationship, before he learned how wonderful it was to love someone and have them love you back just as much.

Sans stumbled to a stop, swaying back and forth as the words echoed in his head. Who was he kidding, if Red did care he wouldn't be so damn selfish and go breaking promises. Sans was always there and as always Red later on went on and on about how shitty his life was. Fucking ungrateful bastard, maybe he deserved to be left. Maybe he should go home and tell him he could go kill himself for all he cared!

Sans began laughing, tears forming in his eyes but he still laughed and laughed. Only stopped when he passed out.

********

Sans groaned, rubbing his throbbing head as he slowly got up. 'What happened,' he thought as he looked around, immediately knowing this wasn't his house. Odd. He tried remembering how he got here, yet all his memories from the previous night were blurry. Hearing someone approaching, Sans turned and saw who's house he was at, Grillby's.

After a morning greeting and Sans turning down the offer for breakfast, not really in the mood for consuming anything, he asked the bartender to fill him up on the events of last night. Grillby explained how Sans walked in fuming more than his own flames, how he complained how Red was ungrateful and selfish as he chugged down liquor. At the mention of Red, Sans' eyelights disappeared.

It came back to him, or well before his mind had been consumed by the effects of alcohol. The argument, the words he spat, how Red didn't even speak and when he did, it was only to agree with everything Sans said. He didn't mean them, he was just under stress! Did Red think he hated him? That it was over, that they would never even speak with each other? Knowing Red, he didn't need his verbal answer.

His bones rattled even more when Grillby told him how Red didn't answer both the door and his calls. Sans jumped off the couch, rushing to the door as beads of sweat formed on his head. He hoped Red's phone died and prayed he just slept through Grillby's knocks. He could thank the elemental later but he needed to make sure his boyfriend was alive, that he just cried himself to sleep, heck he wouldn't care if he cut again just that he was alive.

He teleported to their house, not wanting to spend a second more from knowing the truth. "RED?!," he yelled, suprising himself from how loud it came out. But at the lack of a response he pushed it off and ran upstairs, using his magic to slam the door open. "Red!," he cried as he went in, soul falling deeper. No Red. He felt his legs tremble, felt himself loose balance as his strength diminished. He was gone. The monster that had always brought a smile to his face was-

But despite the cold truth, Sans refused to give up. Red might still be alive he just had to find him! Tears rolling down Sans teleported to Waterfall, praying he would get there in time.

Once there he began running to the dump, passing by Echoflowers that replayed old conversations. He might have heard one or two replaying Red's voice, but he wanted the physical monster, the the one he could hug and talk with and just make him happy. The feeling of soggy socks was his signal to call put. "Red!?," his voice was hoarsefrom all the tears he was pushing back. "Red please a-answer me! I'm s-sorry just please come b-back! Please Red..." He began sobbing as each step seemed to add more weight upon him, moving becoming more of a hassle. He lifted his gaze once deeper in, and his soul froze.

No Red.

Sans lost all his strenghts, any hidden ones refusing to surface as he collapsed on to the water. He had come too late, Red wasn't here, he wasn't at home, he was dead...

Sans hugged himself, praying Red would float up from the darkness and pick him up, wiping his tears as he gave him that toothy grin of his. He wished Red would be home, asking where the hell he had gone off to and Sans would lunge at him, hugging him tightly and cry into that mustard smelling jacket of his. But they were fantasies, incapable of becoming real with the things Sans had said.

"I'm s-sorry Red...," he sobbed, words becoming harder to make with every tear that fell down. "I-,I,-I'm s-s-s-sorry I'm s-s-sorry pl-pl-please oh pl-pl-please j-j-just-."

Between the grief and guilt, he felt the anger that he had used on Red against himself. If he hadn't said anything, if he had kept his mouth shut Red would still be alive. If he had been more careful and stayed with him he wouldn't be missing from his life. But no, he had to let all his stress out on Red when he knew how much he was hurting, how broken and damaged he was.

Laying there as the water socked through his clothing, the thought of rolling of the edge passed his mind. Maybe he would meet Red there.

To Be Continued~

Finally done with the chapter, it took me about 5 days to update. I'll try to write more if you guys want me to, so . . .
Bye, I guess?