Chapter - 3

Here's the next chapter! Yay!

After probably hours, Sans decided to start the unwanted treck back home. There was no changing the events anymore, and maybe this was his punishment for being such an asshole. Putting his hoodie on so those that passed by him wouldn't see the streaming tears, he trudged through the glowing grass. It seemed even walking was a burden, seeing as there was no home to go to.

He didn't even have anything to remind him of Red. Didn't have that mustard smelling jacket of his or his soft crimson turtleneck. What did it matter anyways. He knew any remnant would do no justice for replacing the monster who had owned it. Not his touch, not his smile, not his voice.

"Heh I really fucked up this time..."

Sans turned, eyelights darting to the direction of the sound hopeful. But they were met with just an Echoflower, repeating the same words again. Sans sighed, approaching it as Red's voice filled his mind. He gently stroked the blue petals, for a moment imagining they were Red's cheekbones. While they weren't petal soft, he loved the way his fingers would bump into the cracks. It always made him giggle a bit.

"Making Sans stressed like that"

There was another, Sans got up and followed it, seeing how it was after the previous one. Heh, maybe he could hear the last things Red said before he died.

"Heh he has every right to hate me."

'I don't hate you Red I was just mad...,' Sans thought, refusing to say a word and loosing the last trace of Red he had left.

"Tah leave me, probably fer the best."

It wasn't, he never should've left. He should've stayed and comfort Red, make him feel loved, not more like the shit he thought of himself.

"Probably getting drunk because of me... Ah jus' hope he don't-"

While it was unfinished, Sans knew Red was hoping he didn't get hurt. Like he always did, always making sure Sans was okay.

"All ah did was hurt 'im. He has every right the be mad..."

That was a lie. Red made him happy, made him laugh, took the pain from him when he was down. He always made sure Sans was okay, always made sure he was safe. Sans had no right to have had spat out all that venom.

"He's happier now that he doesn't have to deal with mah sh-"

No he wasn't. He didn't care anymore he just wanted him back.

"He'll be even more once he sees me gone."

'No Red I'm not..,' Sans thought as tears began streaming again down his cheekbones. 'I'm not I never said I would Red...'

"Good thing too. After all how selfish I acted, death is-"

Whatever Red would've said was gone. But if it was that he deserved to be dead, he was wrong. It wasn't his fault he couldn't help it, he had just needed help. Sans should've been more understanding. 'You weren't the selfish one... I was..,' Sans thought.

"Ah never deserved him anyways"

'I never deserved you,' Sans thought

"He never deserved tah have tah deal with mah shit"

'You never deserved to be this shattered...'

"Heh, Ah was expecting it tah happen sooner or later"

"Ah got my wish heh heh. . ."

Had Red really been thinking that way? No. Sans couldn't get mad even if he wanted to. This was just coming out of Red's self hatred, of his lack of self-esteem.

"Yet it can't stop h-hurting"

The way his choked tone sounded hurt. How much damage had he done? Could it had been fixed if Red was still alive. Would have things ever been the same?

"Heh, Ah'm selfish. Selfish fer wishing Sans had never left. S-"

More lost words, but the first phrase was enough. 'You're not selfish Red. Why would you say such a thing just because you wanted me back... Just because you-' Sans started but his the pain in his rib cage grew the more he thought about it.

"-selfish fer wanting him tah have never left."

"Red you're not selfish you never were I'm sorry I'm so fucking sorry I said what I did okay I'm sorry I'm s-s-sorry..." Sans cried out, falling to his knees as he hugged his form, crying, knowing he had just lost the last remnant of Red as his own voice echoed back to him. It didn't matter, if the only things recorded was Red's self hatred. All because of him, because ha hadn't been more patient, because he hadn't care when he saw how his venom made Red crumble.

"Sans?"

Sans paused as he heard the flowers call back his name. But how? With his scream anything Red had said should've been gone.

Sans finally looked up, finally looked ahead and froze, as his eyelights were met with bright red ones.

Red.

He was alive.

Sans wasted no time and lunged towards the other skeleton, knocking them both down as he wrapped his hands tightly around Red. He cried into his jacket, refusing to let go for fear of the monster turning to dust. He tried to speak, but his words were drowned by choked sobs bursting through. 'He's alive! He's alive he's alive!' his mind repeated as he clung to the skeleton.

Red was a shocked at Sans' reaction. Why was Sans here? Why was he crying, why was he hugging him? Shouldn't Sans hate him, should Sans even be here? But when he tried moving Sans off the skeleton refused, clinging onto him for dear life as he cried into his sweater. He hated seeing Sans in such a state, hated seeing so many tears on his face. For a moment, he deabted whether he should lift Sans of him, tell the skeleton his tears were a waste on him and retrieve the marrow covered blade that had flung off. Sighing, he decided it was best for later. Hoping, he just gently hugged back, unsure whether Sans wanted him to do so or not.

At the responsive hug, Sans' soul left as he nuzzled deeper into Red, loving the feel of his alternative's arms wrapped around him. And while he desired to say something, anything, he could only cry into the soul he nearly lost. But one thing was for sure.

He was never ever letting go of Red again.

——

Well that's the end . . . I'm thinking right now if I should continue or just end here? It was just  3 chapters so . . . I might end it here.
Bye!