Breaking Point

(: 1st A/N: Hey everyone so this is my first time writing on a site like this so please bare with me if i'm a little slow. This will be my first novel so I hope you enjoy it. I really like the way that this story is going to be so please comment and let me know how you feel as well.

(UN-EDITED)

Chapter 1

Something about the way this place felt made me uneasy, the way the people looked only made it worse. Every person that I had seen in this town was either beautiful or average, there was no in between. I couldn't fathom why I came here or what lead me to apply for the college here but I did and I couldn't take that back. I remember life in my old town had been made up of mostly despair and anger. Father and Mother were constantly at each other's throats about every little thing. My older brother David had moved out the day he turned 18 and honestly that only made things worse in our already broken home. Father finally snapped one day and left me and mother locked in the bathroom shaking in fear. I remember the way that mother had acted after the incident and how she felt about my once kind father. I also remember the way the gun sounded when the bastard, I had once called my hero, shot my mother. I finally snapped out of my memory when the taxi driver told me that we had arrived at Ellisen Academy of the Arts. I stepped out of the cab and paid the driver before pulling out my baggage and walking through the threshold of the school. The first person I saw was an angry looking male who was obviously having a very bad day. Not long after that I saw someone who looked more like an angel then a human. His hair was jet black and his eyes were an odd shade of blue. His tight blue shirt showed off his muscles while his leather jacket gave him the look of a badass, though I hate to admit it.

"What the fuck are you looking at?!" He barked down at me. I hadn't realized I'd been starring intently at him until he yelled it out. I looked around before pointing at myself and blushing. He nodded, I could tell he was furious but why was he mad at me?

"Sorry" I said softly and put my head down to stare at my boots.

"Ya....um.....me too" he said before stepping up to me "I lose my temper pretty easily so I apologize if I offended you" his voice was deep but honest. I nodded and smiled slowly.

"May I ask where the information's office is?" He starred at me for a bit, his face falling into a frown before answering softly.

"New student?......You shouldn't be here, this school is full of freaks" He chuckled softly to himself before letting out a sigh "The information's office is all the way down the corridor to the right" I nodded and picked up my baggage from the ground, straighting out my shoulder bag and smiling.

"Thank you..." I said and shuffled passed him slowly

"Elliot" He said behind me, I spun around and looked at him strangely.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused

"My name is Eliiot Remler" He said and smiled, I smiled back a little confused what was with this guy one moment he was a complete ass, the next he was telling me not to come to this school, and now he was being nice to me and telling me his name? I debated long and hard about whether or not to tell him my own name.

"Hello Elliot...my name is Darcy, Darcy Rowe" He smiled and nodded assuringly. "Well it was nice meeting you Darcy" I watched him turn and leave, in all honesty I think I was slightly attracted to this strange arrogent man.

I walked as quickly as I could manage to the informations office. My baggage was heavy on my shoulders and my hand was numb from the heavy handbag full of my toiletries. I opened the push door with my back and stepped in, the office was bigger than I had expected. A nice looking blonde looked up and smiled at me.

"May I help you?" She asked and picked up a pen.

"Ummm Yes i'm a new student, my name is Darcy Rowe" I said softly so that I wouldn't disturb the other workers.

"Ms. Rowe we've been expecting you" She said and handed me a few papers before begining to speak again. "The first and second page are the rules of the campus, the third is your schedual and room number, and the last is your first day pass. Please use that to let others know your just starting on Monday and they'll give you your book's and essentials." Her smile was genuine and soft. "Please enjoy your time here in Ellisen." I nodded and picked up my bag's, new roomate here I come.

A/N: So how did you like the first chapter? I know it is really short but i'll make the next one longer I promise, well that's if you actually liked it. Please let me know if I should continue this story or scrap it. Yes this will be a Vampire Romance story but no it will not be like Twilight. The main characters probably won't get into a serious realtionship until later in the novel so please be patient. For those of you that like fast relationships this is probably not the best story for you but please read it, it's always good to try knew things ^w^! Anyways rate and comment :).

xScarletx