How Ilvermorny grows + Adding things to the school

Instead of Ilvermorny being this gigantic school when it was founded like Hogwarts (being an enormous castle), every year, students from the graduating class would submit a design and help build an extra room/building onto the school. So the school would start very small, but after years of being open, the school is now as big like Hogwarts.

So, like, if a student thought there needed to be another bathroom after not being able to go in between classes in a certain area of the school, *boom* it's added if their submission is chosen.

This would also mean that there would be an almost endless array of architectural styles to showcase the history of the school. Like its Gothic arches in one hallway, but step through a door and it resembles a Nantucket cottage.

Also, students from all across the country and continent (if they are from Canada or mexico or any other country in the school's reach) could find a room that reminds them of their home that's so far away.

And not just rooms, but like maybe they wanted to add another greenhouse or build a stable for students to have horses, or even build a statue to honor a person that was admired or died that year that they all want to remember.