Ilvermorny today + Boot's Keep

BOOT'S KEEP

Outside of Ilvermorny is a small town, that is a popular weekend destination for students. Named after the young founders of the school, Boot's Keep is the name of the town. AKA "The Keep".

Coffee shops, wand repair, pet supplies- anything students need when at school. The businesses are leased to alumni and are staffed with older students for jobs.

Some of the hot spots of The Keep include:
-the Noctua- a 24-hour coffee shop and the wizarding world's magic Starbucks
-Phillipa Piper's Dance Hall- a night club that always seems to change its interior depending on the night
-Greyhops- a beer distillery (butter and otherwise) that was founded and completely staffed by alumni
-Sayre Plaza- a wide open space in the middle of town that hosts the Ilvermorny Quodpot watch parties for non-students.

Sucre-Bleu- is a candy shop founded by a french immigrant, Adeline Sucrese, a witch in the early twentieth century. Adeline came to visit Ilvermorny as a transfer student from Beauxbatons in her sixth year and loved it so much that she decided she had to stay close by. Her shop has been passed down to her daughter and employees her grandchildren as well as other students at Ilvermorny (Though Adeline she is still alive and can be seen around the shop from time to time). It stocks, of course, classic popular wizard candy, like every flavored beans and chocolate frogs, but many British candies. There is also normal American candy. some The stop has some originals of their own, like balloon-gum, which allows one to blow a bubble so large that it will float them anywhere from a couple of inches to a couple of feet off the ground; or chocolate eggs at Easter time, filled with a variety of little prizes, anything from enchanted jelly beans to miniature rabbits or chicks. They also stock a variety of enchanted muggle candy, like pop rocks that emit little fireworks when they pop (very popular around patriotic holidays and new year's), or SweetTarts Shockers that actually shock you; in very american fashion, they have one of those fill-your-own-sugar-tube things, but the flavored sugars have been imbued with fairy dust that will do anything from give the eater a confidence boost to allow them to literally bounce off the walls, for a short amount of time. Of course, they also make more regular sweets: Hard candies, lollipops, chocolates, and fudge are all made in-house, and other normal sweets are brought in according to the whims of the store owners, so there's always a surprise.