Chapter 1: Light 「光」

Chapter 1: Light

A whiff of the nostalgic smell made him glance off to the ramen shop.

That was the first time. When Shisui saw that long golden hair with the sunlight making it glow from behind, he was all negative because he just activated his Mangekyou Sharingan and he was drowning in his despair.

He felt something inside him stir when he looked at the color, the chakra that surrounds the hair, the owner of that hair. The aura of that person.

Light. Hope. Contentment.

He felt those emotions swirling as he felt his body went relaxed.

He smiled lightly and ran to the Hokage tower, ready to report his disaster of a mission.

Oddly, he found peace at that moment.

.

Naruto glanced behind her pausing from slurping noodles. She noticed a chakra signature of someone looking at her without any fear or anger or hatred, or any negative emotions for that matter. She was intrigued that the person looking at her was feeling too positive towards her that she clenched her fists and her eyes started to water.

It was hope and contentment she guessed. She recognized those emotions because she herself had those when she was given her own apartment, away from the matron's cold looks and mean treatment.

Because aside from Hokage no Jiichan, Teuchi-san, and Ayame no Neechan, she never felt that positive emotions. And... she didn't feel the pity that Teuchi-san always had when he served her, the guilt the Hokage Jiichan have when he walked along with her in the village, or the doubt that Ayame no Neechan sometimes have.

Naruto wanted to know that person right away.

But she didn't want to in fear that was a fluke. Even though she was sure that was not.

But that didn't stop her from memorizing that chakra signature and remembered the date of her discover someone that might be her friend once she gathered her courage to approach him/her.

She didn't want to break the illusion of someone caring for her from distance.

.

Two Years Later

It's not stalking, she nodded to herself when she felt guilty of following an unknown person with her mind's eye. She just wanted to know the well-being of the person that made her feel... liked. It was different from her three precious people.

She was sure now that person was watching her like when she was out from her apartment.

No, that's not ANBU that Jii-chan made to watch her movements a few years ago. She was certain that the ANBU never felt that deeply for her.

Naruto was fairly certain that the person that seldom around her proximity was not a stalker though. Because that person never watched her longer than a minute, and she herself never looked at the chakra longer than five minutes, mostly.

Really, she wanted to approach that person. But no because that person is a ninja, and when she, while bored, comparing this person chakra to Jii-chan... she was shocked.

That person can be a Hokage! And she knew now that the person was a male because no female was that tall in this village, she concluded when she accidentally zoomed in too close when comparing that chakra to Jiichan.

So that was her motivation to starts training earlier than her fellow orphans and she started to visit the library almost every day and exercising every day until her body collapsed. Now that she was an academy student, she felt her goal closer than ever.