Chapter 3

October 4, 2010

People think I’m crazy for still liking Alex, and they’d be right because love is crazy. Alex always told me that. Maybe I should be over him. I can’t believe I’m saying that.

Our first date was a surprise. It was suppose to be a group date with Annabelle and some guy she met at her parents’ diner. She dragged me along because if it didn’t work out, she could leave and I could keep him entertained with my nervous and my oh so sexy awkwardness. And Alex was there because we were “friends” and made up the excuse of “all my friends are busy with their girlfriends tonight.”

Annabelle called me saying they decided to grab dinner later that night. Alex and I were already at the movies, he drove me there since I didn’t have my driver license yet. “When are you getting your license, so I can stop driving you everywhere?” That was Alex being sarcastic. He said he loved taking me places because we get some privacy to ourselves.

“I don’t know. I like having my assistance driving me wherever I want.”

I laughed the whole time, while Alex jumped at all the scary parts.“You scared?” I shouted through the speakers in the theater.

He sat up straight and laughed. Oh, I love his laugh, it’s boisterous, warm, and fuzzy feel to it. “No, I am not scared I was just...cold. That’s what I was cold.” Sidenote, it was Winter, Alex was wearing a sweater with a long sleeve button up, plus the theater had great heaters. There was no way he would be cold. That sweater was like three extra shots of espresso. Ah, the things teenage boys say to try to be smooth.

He was scared and he wouldn’t admit it. How was I suppose to trust him? You look into his eyes to find the truth. But when I looked in Alex’s eyes, I seen more than just this boring movie date. I seen a future. An us. I was excited to see what else was to come from this thing we called us. I wanted to go on an adventure.

“Alex, you wanted get out of here, this movie is making me tired.” Then I see his head turn my way and he smiled. “ Yeah, I would love to leave here with you.” And so we leave, my dry, cracked hands with his big and manly ones, together and in perfect harmony.

“Where do you want to go?” He whispered in my ear, pulling me close to him. An still Alex was smiling. “We can go to my place and me parents aren’t there so we-”

I remember feeling my stomach turned. Did Alex really think of me that way, sitting in his room and imagining what I look like, naked? Now I really didn’t like the feeling. He was so sweet, but it was all a game. I hated him at this moment.

I ripped my hand away from his. “Leave me alone you sick bastard. I can’t believe you think of me this way. Is this why you’ve been hanging out with me, so you could use me?” The last words hurt for me to say. I didn’t want to believe he would use me. Its sounds so gross. Use. What am I, some kind of toilet you just peed on?

He looked at me with confusion, “Carter,” Alex said, wrapping his arms around my waist. “That’s not at all what I meant.”

”Then what did you mean?”

Alex squeezed me harder. ”I meant we could spend time alone. Since everyone is always around and we have to pretend we’re just friends. I can’t shout from the rooftops how much I love you or I can’t do this.” He closes his eyes, gripping harder onto my waist, and kisses me long and hard, just like how a real man should kiss his women.

Maybe it was the butterflies or the tingly feeling I got when he touch my arm or maybe it was the taste left on my lips after we kissed. This was something I knew was real and you can’t let go of something like this, its like a balloon; don’t let go because it will float away before you get the chance to say how much they mean to you. So that’s what I did, I told him I loved him. For the first time.

I was laying out on his bed, looking at the pictures, there was one of him and his best friend Hunter when they were younger with their baseball uniforms on and trophy in hand. Then there was one of him and his adopted baby sister with her pink overalls, white blouse, and bow, Alex held her tightly in his lap.

He came back with Pepsi in wine glasses.I laughed at his cheesy humor. He laid down next to me, ”So tell me everything about yourself.”

And I did tell him everything, well almost everything. I started off telling him about my hatred for my little sister (which I think is adopted). Then Annabelle telling Alex how she drags me along on her dates just so if thing don't work out between them, she can leave and I can entertain. Alex was interested in everything I was saying, he was turned to me with his hand on his cheek and making comments along the way.

That’s how our night ending us telling each other almost everything about ourselves. I went home late that night maybe around one or two in the morning but I didn't care if my parents yelled at me. Alex made me feel free, and I always had this wild spirit in me. It was different from laughing at a scary movie while everyone else jumped, no this was different, like I could do anything I wanted to, let go of my fears and be who I really wanted to be.

Your stupid friend,

Carter

A/N: There is not really much to say but I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Wait there is one thing I have to say My twin and I just got a shared account here on Wattpad its called @IM5theFooofanfics. We just posted a new story so go check that out. We are really excited about it!

And as always I love you guys,

MsFoodAddicted