Chapter Fourteen

Zach's POV

I hear someone (Jack) scoff from across the room. Muffled whispers are muttered from Jack & Corbyn's couch as me and Dani purposely talk about how hot Scott is.

"I would definitely smash him," I say with a forceful fond look, I glance away with a small smile as if just thinking about him makes heart eyes appear. In reality, I'm thinking about a certain teenage curly haired ghost-boy.

Who may or may not be getting jealous. You can say I'm lying but I'm pretty certain Corbyn doesn't enjoy or respect Daniel talking about other boys, I totally think they're adorable. I believe one day they'll definitely end up as a couple or at least hook up buddies although I don't think Dani would ever do that.

I haven't heard from Jonah much, to be honest I wasn't even sure if he was here or not. I don't believe Jonah is tied to this property but rather chooses to be here with Jack.

I don't think any of the boys were killed off inside this home or was left with their life being ripped away around here. From what I've read, they all grew up together and are close childhood friends before the... Terrible memory, nightmare more like.

"I mean, Stiles is a cutie too." Daniel pips up causing me to nod my head in agreement. "Definitely, especially when he grew his hair out." Both our eyes remained on the TV but occasionally would flicker of to the boys.

A final grunt is heard before a cold force is smashing into my side. "Stop," Jack says with a frown, his little eyebrows were furrowed. He had himself placed onto my lap, his tiny hands clung to my collar.

"I don't like it when you talk about other guys," His voice sounded so weak as his innocent hazel eyes peered up at me through his long black eyelashes. They would blink regularly as his eyes scanned over my face, his bottom lip jutted out adorably.

I dared to glance at Corbyn who was looking at us with a fond look when he caught me looking; he sent me one of his famous heart melting winks. His subtle side smirk pointed for me to see only, he makes kissy lips as I roll my eyes.

Then I turn my attention on Daniel who was sat there with a shocked expression. He was staring at me and Jack with a dumbfounded look; jaw loose and open, eyes slightly wider then usual and clear surprise written in the way his brows were raised.

Soon enough, I'm looking back down at my Jack as he remained in the same position. His puppy eyes were too cute to bother rejecting so instead I pull him onto my lap fully and peck his cheek. I notice the tint of colour that appears in it's place afterwards which makes pride swirl inside me. 

An obviously forced cough is huffed out as me and Jack block out the real world, Daniel is sat there looking at us with a questioning look. ''Did I miss something?'' He asks when both mine and Jack's attention is on him. We give each other a side glance but then the curly haired boy removes himself from me most unfortunately.

"I don't think so," I answer dully discussing my personal life with others wasn't ever a good skill I had, sometimes I would feel anxious to how they take it. What if I felt deeply passionate for something they found rather stupid?

I hate the thought of someone secretly judging because I believe in one thing, they find extremely idiotic.

Jack was scanning over Daniel's presence, I could tell from his awkward gazes that he wasn't sure how to explain everything.

"When do you two become so close?" Daniel's irrigation continues, questions that never seem to fail to make me sluggish and sweaty.

"Actu-"

"Fate." The tone behind Jack's word makes me shiver slightly, he sounded so stern and confident. Not only that but he didn't let me even attempt to deny anything, it was almost as if he wasn't ashamed to be seen making friends with a human.

As much as I wish it was true that being with a human wasn't disgraceful, I knew for a fact that he wishes I wasn't a breathing creature. Not matter how much he tries to make me understand he doesn't want me to waste my mortal life on him, I have a dark feeling that sometimes he hates the thought of a human being his lover.

My train of thoughts were cut off as Daniel sends Corbyn a look I couldn't quite make out the meaning of, it was responded with a nod from Corbyn's behalf.

Jack kept his stern stance as he remained seated next to me, his arms folded as he leans back into a slump position. A scowl easily discovered on his face as he burns holes into Daniel from the intense death stare.

"What do you mean, Jack? Fate?" Daniel suddenly seemed even more interested as well as suspicious. His eyes were narrowed into slits as locks Jack in as his victim/target.

Corbyn who was still across the room strangely gave of a different vibe. The tension that mythically just arose was quite overwhelming.

The blonde boy strides over and takes a seat next to Daniel, their knees brush past each other but none of them seem to notice too much.

"Explain, Mr. Avery." Their voices come out robotic as Daniel shuffles an inch closer to me. It was scary that they both say the same thing at the same time.

-

I already can tell this will have a lot of errors because parts were wrote during different times and devices. I just want to say sorry if mistakes annoy you but I apologize, I don't like editing unless it's from beginning to end; it's my own personal pet peeve. I can't read any other way.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, the next few will be rather intense.

What do you think Jack means?